Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,536   Online: 1079

View Poll Results: What level of photography are you at?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Artist

14 19.72%
  • Whore

7 9.86%
  • Amateur

36 50.70%
  • Snapshooter

3 4.23%
  • Professional

2 2.82%
  • Rich Amateur

4 5.63%
  • Equipment Measurbator

5 7.04%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with everything he says about equipment junkies, and people who spend all their time testing stuff.

The Ernst Haas stuff was priceless. "Best wide angle lens? Two steps backward" and "look for the ah-ha".
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm also wondering if we can draw any loose parallels between photography and Dante's Inferno???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Eek! There's no funny bone in you. Read this thread: Humour in Photography

Art.
    gr82bart, you don't know me at all.

This stupid "seven levels" crap has been around for a while and I have seen it far too many times in threads like this. Each time it gets put in a thread it gets a small amount of credibility attached to it. In the 30 years that I have been a professional photographer, I have seen the title and profession of photography devalued considerably. Do we need to further demean ourselves and what we do by giving status to this stupid garbage?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I liked it.... but then I'm a pro.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am sorry to dissapoint you Art, but I have acheived enlightment and I am above artist.....so none apply to me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art,
    I like this survey. It is humorous. It got me thinking a little. I can also see why some people may find it insulting. I'm quite certain that there are more than 7 levels.

I suppose I would be an amateur aspiring to be an artist. Occasionally, I'm a slut, as Mark stated, but I like being one. Sometimes I'm a measurbator, especially when I read anything from Ken Rockwell. He's got some interesting insights, but he seems like the kind of person who I wouldn't want to know in real life. He probably talks way too much about himself.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm afraid that I, too, will have to operate outside of that particular little box.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hilarious! Its good to see that there are many people who still know how to laugh at themselves!

I'm not on the list though... broke amateur makes photographs when he can substitute materials for food!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I'm not on the list though... broke amateur makes photographs when he can substitute materials for food!
    Broke, not paid, balances food v. film, and if you add horribly misunderstood, subject to wild mood swings and obsessive behavior you qualify for #7

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser
    gr82bart, you don't know me at all.

This stupid "seven levels" crap has been around for a while and I have seen it far too many times in threads like this. Each time it gets put in a thread it gets a small amount of credibility attached to it. In the 30 years that I have been a professional photographer, I have seen the title and profession of photography devalued considerably. Do we need to further demean ourselves and what we do by giving status to this stupid garbage?

SOmeone missed their coffee this morning.

I mean, are you really that insecure about your chosen profession?

Joey-Live it up man. Life is short. To hell with the precautions. The cool thing about giving it away to any takers means you are getting a lot of practice. When the deed is done ask questions. Those you gave it to will respect you more. At least you are trying to learn from each experience.you are trying to learn from it. Hell give it to a few whores and artists they might be able to teach you something.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin