Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,953   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 783

View Poll Results: What level of photography are you at?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Artist

14 19.72%
  • Whore

7 9.86%
  • Amateur

36 50.70%
  • Snapshooter

3 4.23%
  • Professional

2 2.82%
  • Rich Amateur

4 5.63%
  • Equipment Measurbator

5 7.04%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Seven Levels of Photography

Where do you fit in? http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

Art (BTW All levels welcome at the APUG Conference!)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why is this crap even in here? All it does is insult almost everyone involved with photography and lends credence to someone who's views on photography matter little. Even the stupidest, most inaccurate writings become common knowledge and gain credibilty when repeated often enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree with Brian, Ken Rockwell is a foolish snob!
    Sad but real!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is a hoot! I read the disclaimer at the the top of the page and refused to take it too seriously.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser
    Why is this crap even in here? All it does is insult almost everyone involved with photography and lends credence to someone who's views on photography matter little. Even the stupidest, most inaccurate writings become common knowledge and gain credibilty when repeated often enough.
    Eek! There's no funny bone in you. Read this thread: Humour in Photography

On a different note, who's called themselves the 'whore'? Enquiring minds want to know! :o

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Guilty

Yeah, I classed myself as a whore even though I make my living as a photographer. As a pro, I have to give the client what he wants, even if it's against my sense of taste or better judgement. Paying the bills is sometimes a lot more important than "art"...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    Couldn't call myself a Whore. Whores get paid for what they do. Since I give it away free I would be a slut. Slut is not there I had to go to the next level, amateur
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd answer this, but I would rather start printing the pictures from a B&W wedding that I enjoyed shooting, for a client who has paid me in full, and whom I hope has a long and happy life.

[COLOR=Sienna] [/COLOR]

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format

Art

Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Yeah, I classed myself as a whore even though I make my living as a photographer. As a pro, I have to give the client what he wants, even if it's against my sense of taste or better judgement. Paying the bills is sometimes a lot more important than "art"...
    That's right Bob, "art for arts sake, but money for God's sake " we all have to do things in our working lives that go agains the grain to make a living, it's part of growing up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Couldn't call myself a Whore. Whores get paid for what they do. Since I give it away free I would be a slut. Slut is not there I had to go to the next level, amateur
    VERY FUNNY!

I'm somewhere in between,as well....I give it away free, to anyone that wants it and I usually like it! Unfortunately, I'm not good at it yet, so I'm not very selective...should I be taking any special precautions?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin