Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,916   Online: 870

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit
    Hmm, perhaps you could in a PM explain what part of my response to Jorge you saw as being a complaint. In answer to your question, I would say a poster who has a broad interest in photography and is open to all ideas not just those which happen to agree with my particular point of view. That point of view, in this case, happens to be an evolving one. Is that what you were thinking? Bill Barber
    Ah, but I didn't make any statements. I said "might" and "Almost as if" and posed a question: "what kind of poster..?"

See, I can play those games too... It's not difficult, but it is excessively boring. Byeeee......

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, guys and girls, I'm putting myself in "time out" for starting a fight. I invite any others who feel they need it to join me. With one or two exceptions this posting did not elicit from me or anyone else, signs of intelligent life at APUG. I suggest we kill this tread and I promise to watch the topics of any future postings more closely. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ok, here is the thing. Just by the opening parahraph Witherhill makes a dumb assumption and you know it is going to go down hill from there....here is an example.

Save those few pockets of calcified resistance remaining among a handful of traditionalists focused primarily on the mechanics of the medium
    For some reason, pixelographers have taken it into their heads that those of us doing traditional processes care more about the process than the quality of the final print. IOW that I think my prints are good just because they are made with pt/pd. I would like to disabuse Witherhill and all of them of this notion, and in fact the same argument could be turned around and the idea pixelography is more dependent on process that any of the traidtional methods can be put forward. Witherhill could not make his horrid color prints any other way than with PS, I can use any process that relies on a negative to give my prints a different "feel"....so this is just a small example of the kind of reasoning used in this article and which is nothing new or original as we can all see in the endless flame wars in this and other sites.

I could go on and on and on ripping apart this article, but what is the use, all of this has been said before.....

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]Re-elect Jorge for Sheriff[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    With one or two exceptions this posting did not elicit from me or anyone else, signs of intelligent life at APUG.
    Zealots, closed minded fanatics and now dumb too? You certainly know how to make friends...... :rolleyes:

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    jorge said this and I agree,"Re-elect Jorge for Sheriff"

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was that exact article that Huntinton wrote that promted Don Kirby to make the pronouncements he did. Also it is why he (Don) refuses to have anything to with groups/magazines/individuals who focus primarily/only on analog. He is of the same opinion. It saddens me to think that people who teach analog methods take a stance like that. Or as my mother use to say, "They are cutting off their nose to spite their face!"
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Anyone else noticing that big named folks are jumping on the digital band wagon. Then they need to write and "article" that says "Hey look at me I went digital so digital is just fine". Whats up with that?

Jorge can only be Sheriff if he acts like Sheriff Arpaio of Maricopa County. That man knows how to make a prisoner feel miserable. ANd he is nice to animals.
    http://www.mcso.org/
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I did, for some unknown reason, receive an email from Huntington Witherall
    Who?

Shooter
    35mm
    Wont you go home Bill barber,
    wont you go home?
    you've been here way too long.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Anyone else noticing that big named folks are jumping on the digital band wagon. Then they need to write and "article" that says "Hey look at me I went digital so digital is just fine". Whats up with that?

Jorge can only be Sheriff if he acts like Sheriff Arpaio of Maricopa County. That man knows how to make a prisoner feel miserable. ANd he is nice to animals.
    http://www.mcso.org/
    Ever notice those big name photographers are getting big time sponsorships from digital camera makers?
    Non Digital Diva

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin