Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,121   Online: 748

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

An interesting article by Huntington Witherill

I did, for some unknown reason, receive an email from Huntington Witherall with links to his website. In addition to many images and the other stuff one might expect to find on a professionals website, there was an article, "Farewell to the Revolution", which all but the most hardcore zealots on this users group might find worthy of a read. The article and a representation of his work can be found at
    http://www.huntingtonwitherill.com/

Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Do a search on "witherill," and you should find several threads linking to this article.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ah-yup...what David said.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    or in internet lingo... welcome to last week!

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you! I'd been looking for a signature!
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Yet, there remains a persistent cache of myths surrounding the very nature of the photographic process which, if allowed to persist, will only serve to fuel resistance to future developments in the art." (italics mine)

All other issues aside, that is about the stupidest pronouncement on this subject I have ever read!

It's exactly like saying that acrylic paints only served to fuel resistance to future developments in the art of oil painting.

I can appreciate anyone's well thought out intelligent discussion of the subject as his is. But I reserve the right to dismiss everything he says out of rejection of the premise.
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    "Farewell to the Revolution", which all but the most hardcore zealots on this users group might find worthy of a read.
    Hmmm, so now I am a zealot because I prefer analog, can do better with it than most digitoids and can argue it's many advantages?.....Get a life and go back to Photo.net, we dont need trolls like you here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I got the same email yesterday. I startled bristling at the early use of the term, "calcified resistance". No, Huntington, my resistance isn't calcified...it's reasoned and based on observation. And by the way, Mr. Witherill, your most recent color creations resemble the illustrations on Yugio cards. I'd probably like them if 1. I had no taste whatsoever. 2. Were 9 years old shopping for toys at Walmart. You've descended a long way from the fine work you did in "Orchestrating Icons". But, hey, as a calcified resistor, what else would you expect?
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not going to get drawn into yet another pointless a. vs d. debate here, but on the article itself, and particularly the style of the article, I'd just say that it's very easy to win an argument in which you conduct both sides.

I won't be posting further in this thread ('cos I've a fair idea where it's going! ).
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Readallaboutit! Readallaboutit! Readallaboutit!

Shock! Horror!

Spammer Overcome By Sense of Own Importance Writes Internet Article Commending His Own Entrenched Opinions And Complains About Other's Entrenched Opinions!

Never happened before!

Readallaboutit! Readallaboutit! Readallaboutit!

..... hurumph .....

See what happens when you respond to spammers...

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin