Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,639   Online: 739

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    I know it's best just to set things up so that people can't hotlink...but I love the idea of screwing around with someone whom I'd consider a thief just based on his or her actions.
    That was the most rewarding part for me also.

Images
    What's a "hotlink?"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    What's a "hotlink?"
    showing an image on one site that is actually posted in another site. For example this image is not in APUG, you are seeing a picture that is stored in my picture hosting site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    The best defense to hotlinking is to replace the hotlinked image with something that makes the hotlinker look like an idiot.
    Yes, obviously not an option in this case, but during the last election a farily welll known right wing blog hotlinked to a photo a colleague had of a particular politician (can't even remeber who now). He emailed them and asked them to remove it, but they just brushed him off. So he replaced the image with a goth/bondage one - came down pretty quickly after that.... :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    So he replaced the image with a goth/bondage one - came down pretty quickly after that.... :-)
    What the 'net really needs is a page that collects all of these pranks in one place. You can find them out there if you look through a lot of humor sites, but there's no "look who got screwed by hotlinking" site anywhere on teh 'net (at least not that I'm aware of). Now that would be a hoot!
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin