Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,239   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I found this one today, via kottke.org...

http://www.ianrowland.com/MiscPages/...ndmrscalm.html

Weirdness.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Things aren't always as they appear"

They rarely are ....
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    The green dot is there because of the brains automatic color balance response. It's trying to even out the magenta color by making a negative bias on it and when the pink dot disappears the negative image shows up. As you stare long enough the brain sucessfully cancels the magenta colors and you only see the negative color showing when the magenta dot disappears.
    Huhhh?
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So that is what an acid flashback looks like.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Somewhere in all this there's a philosophical lesson.
    Yes. Perception is everything. There is no reality outside that which our brains create. (David, put down the joint and mull that one over for a while )
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    The brain can only do one thing at a time, just like any computer.

By concentrating on one thing, the secondary image becomes background noise, so to speak. Eventually the brain discards the background image so it disappears.
    Mick.
    So what the hell are we doing driving around happily chatting away on our cell phones.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It just goes to show there really is magic in this life.

Anybody know the zip code for the north pole, I believe in Santa again!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well my eyes hurt now so I'll have to get off the computer and think about all this and then I'll have a headache.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our vision is selective. And our brain is too. Few months ago on PBS TV channel in my country was documentary film about vision. In one sequence about 30 people was asked to watch big TV screen. On screen were 2 groups of basketball players. Each group had 3 member. One group was dressed in yellow outfit and other was dressed in black. People who wached was asked to count how much will member of yellow dressed group pass the ball to each other. Yellow and black were mixed, not separated. After some time, leader of experiment asked audince are they noticed anything strange. Only two persons of 30 confirmaed there was something strange. Then leaer of experiment rewoud tape and now adked people to look what happens generally on TV screen, not to concentrate on anything specific. And he played same scene again. At one moment, man dressed in monkey costume appears, stayed in middle of TV screen, and even beated his chests, like we see gorillas do. And that lasted 5 seconds, maybe more. Only 2 person of 30 people noticed it in first place, without warning. I think I still have tape of that exeriment somewhere, narrator of documentary told during the film to tape it and to check for ourselves. I don't think there was cheating. And after rewounding and watching same film again I noticed that monkey dressed man atleast 5 or 6 times during the film. And only after narrator inform at the end of the movie to wach it again. Som our vision is selective, ans we have much less capable brains than we like to think...

Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pink dots stayed but had a constant and large green circle behind the pink the dots. I guess this proves that women can multitask and that I spend too much time on apug!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin