Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,111   Online: 959

View Poll Results: Which would rather have for Halloween?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trick

10 31.25%
  • Treat

22 68.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A treat definitely !! Now that our (only) son is 22 and has left home, my wife and I have lots of fun (that's MY treat) carving pumpkins and handing out HUGE bags of candies and fun toys. We don't get many kids anymore, probably a function of the age of the neighbourhood population, so the ones that do knock on our door find it worth their while.
    Two more things :
    1) Every kid who knocked on our door this year said "thank you" - not bad eh?

and

2) laz .... my wife would commit murder for a box of Mounds bars ... can't get 'em in Canada any more ... just tell me what it's gonna' cost me and a cheque will be in the mail

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neither. American 'Trick or Treat' has nothing to do with All Hallows Eve, nor with the equinox

Any kid who knocked the door here would be met with a blank face - we didn't even notice the date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by howard
    When my children were young I would joking refer to the ritual as "teaching my children about extortion". Then I would go with them as they practiced. Of course I would go along and do my "trick or beer" routine. I could usually keep a cold one in my hand for the duration of the outing. (I live in a VERY friendly area.)
    Howard
    I like it...I LIKE IT!!!

I can't wait for Christmas Carroling to begin!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah Christmas Carollers... I LOVE them! I insist on hearing the entire carol, and if they only sing the first couple of lines they get nothing.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin