Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,305   Online: 1225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm
    Yet another example of the fact that our government is of, by, and for the corporations, and against the common people. I'm sure the vast bulk of APUGgers don't have large enough suitcases full of money to make their voices heard in Washington; I know I don't.
    One APUGer one vote. But if APUGers are typical less that 50% would vote; that is the real problem.

"We have met the enemy and he is us!"-Pogo
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once inacted I wonder if backward compatibility will wane -- forcing us to 'upgrade' all of our equipment so that we can receive the signal sent on the airwaves we have given away for next to nothing to the broadcast companies.

Sony needs to sell recorders as bad as they need us to pay and pay again for their high art productions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It raises some other questions:
    If commercial photographers demand that there should be a DRM embedded in their photographs will that diminish even more the professional film-using community?
    Will analog photograph become undesirable to galleries, museums, shops because of their lack of copyright protection?
    Or will the analog photographs mark the new era of freedom fighting against digital control?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    One APUGer one vote. But if APUGers are typical less that 50% would vote; that is the real problem.
    All very true. <sigh> Though with legislation like this, voting wouldn't matter; the congress would do all the damage, and we'd all get left holding the bag. All we could then do is vote the responsible parties out of office, and still be stuck with this gun-to-the-head of a law.

Similarly, there is a proposition on the Texas ballot next week, which I'd greatly like to see defeated. At least with this one, the citizenry gets a chance to have their say; I'll definitely go cast my vote, and I'm urging all my friends to get out and vote as well. Incidentally, all you Texans out there, get out and vote NO on Prop 2!

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm
    All very true. <sigh> Though with legislation like this, voting wouldn't matter; the congress would do all the damage, and we'd all get left holding the bag. All we could then do is vote the responsible parties out of office, and still be stuck with this gun-to-the-head of a law.
    Ahh but the congress we replace them with can repeal the law!

As we say in NY: vote early and often!
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was even something mentioned in the article regarding the definition of 'professional devices' as being things that 'didn't sell well'. I guess we're all going to be considered 'professional' whether we are or not if this baloney is passed. Of course, today if you have a big camera, people already think that you are a professional, since bigger must mean 'professional'.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Take a look at this:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/analog-hole.ars

What do you think?
    Tried about three times to look but only got a blank screenas of 5:45pm GMT today. Sabotage?

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    Tried about three times to look but only got a blank screenas of 5:45pm GMT today. Sabotage?

Pentaxuser
    It opens fine here.
    Try
    http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/8978
    for a summury.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Will analog photograph become undesirable to galleries, museums, shops because of their lack of copyright protection?
    Actually, the difficulty of making a high-quality copy of an analog photo without the cooperation of its creator is greater protection than a gallery would have with any digital image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So does this mean I have to get an LP turntable before they become illiegal? I think this is directed towards the recording and Motion Picture (as opposed to film) industry. Granted I don't have all that much sympathy for the music and motion picture industry considering most music and movies released these days are s**t.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin