Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,653   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    no idea--
    i shoot portraits and other stuff because i am shy (sort of) without a camera and i feel compelled to record on film ( or paper ) before it is all gone ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 11-15-2005 at 12:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I find that my images reflect my obsession with the past. My subjects often relate to the ephemeral nature of the world and my vain attempts to hang on to the past. The same could be said for the images that I most appreciate. They are often made using historical processes, or are images of the past lost to the ravages of time.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    You mean other than, "Bad Photographer Here" ?
    Niko beat me to it....

Shooter
    35mm
    ... that I'm pretty introverted.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hopefully that I keep growing and changing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have one heck of a wierd personality divide- on the one hand, (naked) people, on the other, buildings and places with no people in them at all. Whether it is landscapes, closeup details, or buildings/architecture (abandoned or not) I don't like people in my pictures that aren't about people.

When I'm shooting people, I generally don't like clothes in the way. Something about clothes gives people an artificial facade to hide behind and not be themselves. I'll include clothing/props when I'm trying to tell a story with a photo, and the prop/clothing is a key to the identity of the subject.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Everything. Like it or not.

"The work on the wall is encrypted window, with the `being' of the artist (photographer) on the other side." It is sometimes difficult to decode emotionally, and very nearly impossible, rationally.

The "encoding" is necessary for the protection of the naked "being".

The Photographer displays more of him/ her self than does the nude model.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea. That I'm confused? Take a look in my personal gallery and you tell me.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of my photography can be put in one of three groups; found things, old buildings, and abstracts. This may explain why I am; a packrat, sentimental, and like Bach.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well, I don't know for sure, but probably that I am abstract, lonely or empathetic. For some reason, pictures that I have posted for critique on web sites always generate more favorable comments from women than men, I have no reason why.

A good discussion of this subject can be found in the book "The Zen of Creativity" by John Daido Loori; he studied with MInor White, and Minor had them take photographs that revealed "their true selves."
    Loori also describes the differences between his intentions in taking certain photographs, and the interpretations of his audience. One woman he showed his pictures to broke out in tears and ran from the room, accusing him of taking angry pictures. Loori had no idea this might be the case. He then began a process of asking for peoples impressions, and then trying to take pictures that aligned with their interpretations; in this way he became more in tune with his photographic audience.
    Loori, by the way, gives photo seminars at the Zen Mountain Monastery in New York.
    A very insightful book, and explains zazen very well, worth a look:

http://www.johndaidoloori.org/
    Last edited by thetimedissolver; 11-15-2005 at 10:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin