Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,224   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thar she blows!@

btw no one gave a fiddlers fart when I got to 1000
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally! Now I can get back to work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    What has the APUG galley done to your work, if anything?
    I look at the gallery just as a way of keeping up with what others are doing. So little of the gallery work is in color, and B&W really does very little for me.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    Back in the Fall of '02, shortly after discovering APUG, I liked the idea of an all analog website so much that decided that I didn't want to post photoshopped neg scans in the gallery area. So I went to my garage and dug out my enlarger and all my old darkroom stuff and set it up on a handy counter top. Since then I've experimented with new films and papers and developers and techniques, practiced and improved my printing skills, become more active photographically in new directions than I am sure I ever would have done otherwise, invested more than I could probably afford in equipment and materials, and spent many, many, many pleasant and rewarding hours in the darkroom.

Yes, I guess that I would have to say that the APUG gallery has affected my photography
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    If I played the fiddle, I would have farted on the occasion.
    As a matter of fact although I didn't notice the event, the odds are heavily in favor that I did anyway.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I used to have a slow ISDN connection, and got in the habit of not going into the gallery very often. Now that I've got ADSL I find the habit hard to break!

But I find lots of inspiration in the gallery. Mostly inspiration to get better while still doing my own stuff - if I could only find out what that is!

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Thar she blows!@

HA! I didn't notice it myself when I passed 1000, or 2000, or 3000, or now 3500 a few days ago...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin