Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,661   Online: 742

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    IF you have a comparable document for the Brits, do you have one for Aussies? Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A sad state of affairs...

I've never had, nor heard of a problem up here.

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many thanks for the links, Laz.

I've just read through the UK version and, whilst it contains a lot of useful information, I think it would be better titled, "Restrictions on Photographers in the UK". Very well worth reading, but probably not suitable for showing to over-zealous security staff or irate members of the public.

It's probably also worth pointing out that this year (since the article was written) there has been a general upsurge in paranoia related to photography for the purposes of pedophilia. Amateur Photographer has run several stories on this.

A UK Photographers' equivalent of the ACLU Bust Card (also dealing with landowners, security guards and paranoid parents) would be most welcome, if anyone with sufficient legal acumen could put one together.

This seems close, although it doesn't cover quite everything.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here is something else on UK rights explaining what you can and cannot do, but not actually stating the law.

Preface and caveats at first two links
    http://london.photobloggers.org/blog...3/1276390.html
    http://hmmm.co.za/ukrights.php

And here is the action with it formatted to print on a small card for the camera bag
    http://hmmm.co.za/UKPhotographersRightscard_v6.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Baxter - Two minds but with a single thought!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

For the Aussie's

Quote Originally Posted by David
    IF you have a comparable document for the Brits, do you have one for Aussies? Thanks!

http://www.4020.net/unposed/photorights.shtml

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I'd like to reformat that in a bigger font with the most pertinent parts highlighted for easy reading.
    You can "Save As Text" to a ".txt" file. From there, you can change fonts, font size, etc., or you can import it into MS Word and also highlight whichever sections you'd like.

"Deluded" best describes anyone who believes that pulling out a document setting out their rights and showing it to a police authority who wants them to stop what they are doing will do any good. If you don't comply with what they say you get arrested. Later the charges are dropped. Even before 9/11 and the DHS this was the case. To try to avoid arrest once I told the cop that I had AP credentials in my pocket. He said, "I don't give a shit what you have, motherf***r." I spent the better part of the night in jail and when my film was returned it had all been pulled out of its cassettes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, joys of life in free, democratic societies... This only proves how those societies are more free than for example comunists countries...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacio Jan Brown
    "Deluded" best describes anyone who believes that pulling out a document setting out their rights and showing it to a police authority who wants them to stop what they are doing will do any good. If you don't comply with what they say you get arrested. Later the charges are dropped. Even before 9/11 and the DHS this was the case. To try to avoid arrest once I told the cop that I had AP credentials in my pocket. He said, "I don't give a shit what you have, motherf***r." I spent the better part of the night in jail and when my film was returned it had all been pulled out of its cassettes.
    I'm assuming this was here in the US. Did you file suit for voilation of your 1st Amendment right of free speach (or if you did have AP creds, freedom of the press) or your 4th Amendment right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure? If not, why? You're right that you can't stop the cop if he wants to arrest you, but you can stop them from doing it to the next guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin