Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,129   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

an odd dream.... any one else had a similiar one?

So last night I had a very odd and vivid dream. Most of my dreams are very vivid. Something Ive been cursed with since childhood.
    in the dream I was slightly older perhaps 35-40... I had a distinct impression I was still avidly doing photography, no one famous but I can remember having done some shows and was teaching photography in some form.
    I remember having an accident occur. something fairly tragic.... the exact action that occured I cant quite place, some sort of sickness or ailment. The end result being I lost my eyesight. It was a tremendously emotional thing. I remember feeling complete hopelessness and loss of purpose. So much of my life revolves around my visual perceptions/creations/experiences.
    maybe this is an entirely taboo thing to even speak of on a photography forum but then again all lines are meant to be crossed and/or blurred.
    Anyone ever thought about this prospect? As to what you would do? would your creative impulses be redirected towards another passion? music perhaps?

just curious if anyone has put thought to something like this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reminds me of John Dugdale who is completely blind in his right eye and over 80% blind in his left.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It reminds me of Matise, who as he lost his sight began to work in other media.. including construction paper...

I guess I'd become a sculptor... I've always been drawn by the sheer mass of a large chunk of rock waiting for me to throw myself at it...

Never had a "gone blind dream" .. but plenty of other weird stuff... like anyone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to give you a heads up on the dream, after googling a couple of dream interpretation web sites the loss of sight or going blind in a dream is representative of a fear of going from wealth to abject poverty.

As far as the question goes I guess I could only decide on what I would do after I went blind.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wanted to be musician. After being wounded in war, and after losing 70% of functions of my right arm, I had to gave up of that desire. So, I won't even try to think the way as it is in question!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting...maybe you should go get your eyes checked, stop something before it starts...or it could be a sign of losing your vision...would be just as emotional a feeling I think.

What did you eat last night....and don't have it again.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since so much of quality-of-life revolves around sight and since I'm prone to depression perhaps at best, this is a frightening thought. Your first thought is that it would be a deep endless valley, but we humans are somewhat resiliant. I suppose I would move to the piano bench and spend many hours there. Hope I never find out.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Raku fired pottery. I loved the primitive stack of fire bricks and (big) propane torch firing, then burying the pots in the ground and covering them with old leaves and grass. A simple white glaze pulls chemicals out of the clay and adds the subtlest of colours, while any areas not glazed turn a beautiful flat black because of being starved of oxygen while buried. A hit and miss method sighted people can't truly control.

If totally incapacitated, I'd write.

Must...always...create...!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Strange dreams are a function of mental or physical "input". The physical side can be controlled by adjusting the ratio of red to green chillis, giving up moonshine, or giving up other controlled substances. The mental side is (to paraphrase the old wine ads done by Orson Wells) a matter of never bottling a worry before its time.

Personally, I'll deal with whatever incapacities that might come along when they do. When that happens, I'll either be called "courageous" or a wimp. Who knows? But, posing nudes by touch does have a certain appeal.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No. But I seen to dream a lot about having a huge cigar and where I'm a hot dog chasing a doughnut. I'm always a "foot long" hot dog. I'm sure they're meaningless.
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin