Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,575   Posts: 1,545,707   Online: 777

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    No. Pierre Auguste Renoir.
    :P not to worry Ed, I wasn't really confusing Mr "Painter of Light" -- though you have to admit that he does put on a pretty thorough "look at me, I'm a plein air guy too!" parade. Essentially stripping the guts out of Monet & Renoir and stuffing the carcasses with treacle.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From The Photo Collectors Bible, Chapter 1 on what makes a good photographer for you to consider when investing in images you hope will increase in value.

"The only good photographer is a dead photographer".

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I previously stated that only good photographers are living, and that to be considered a great photographer, you have to die.

Apparently, to say that the only good photographer, is a dead photographer, goes hand in hand with some ethnic minorities, based on prejudices of the ignorant.

Not trying to start an argument here, nothing personal intended. Just an observation that has been carried on through history, based more on the main reason why many buy art, to make money on the financial appreciation of dead artists works. Compared to buying the works of a living unknown, whose work you personally really like.

Maybe good living photographers are a minority.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin