Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,142   Online: 932

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

has everything been done?

in another thread, which i started this morning, their is some reluctance to discuss issues that some say have already been addressed

so what!

hasn't everything already been done?

why photograph a sunset? it's been done

why photograph a beautiful woman? it's been done

why discuss an issue that has already been addressed? by who? when? maybe i want up to date feedback on the issue

why endlessly discuss stuff that tries to second guess issues that highly trained people have already worked out? is that all that is done on this site?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if it's been done before, it doesn't concern me, I probably haven't done it, and even then I don't care if I have done it before.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Possibly everything has allready been done.
    It doesn't matter at all.
    Go out and photograph.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "by who?" Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is better expressed "by whom?" the object of a preposition. This is the same conversation, only expressed in proper grammatical terms. We see here a similar theme. Since most people's sense of history begins at about the time of birth, history must be studied in order to be learned.

I will grant you that many things photographic have been done by someone already, but this does not mean there is no substance in doing it in one's own way. There will never be another Weston, Ray or Zoe but we still take pictures. Besides, there's always digital. tim

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath
    in another thread, which i started this morning, their is some reluctance to discuss issues that some say have already been addressed

so what!
    Some issues have been addressed, many ad nauseam. It is considered polite to search the older threads before starting a new one on an old topic.

Yes, but no. Not by me, at least

Not exactly that sunset from that position at that time, it hasn't!

Again - not that beautiful woman on that time by that photographer. Besides I've never felt a need to "justify" photographing beautiful women. Excapt sometimes to my wife...

why discuss an issue that has already been addressed? by who? when? maybe i want up to date feedback on the issue
    Then find the old thread and add to it. It will show up in the recent posts, and the discussion will take off again.

why endlessly discuss stuff that tries to second guess issues that highly trained people have already worked out? is that all that is done on this site?
    Not all, but it seems to be an important part. Yet once in a while new knowledge comes out of it, or old knowledge that was all but forgotten is "exhumed" and reenters the common knowledge. That's valuable, IMO. And some of the "highly trained people" are frequent contributors here, too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    so what!
    No. Not even close. Art is infinite.

Not the one I saw last night - or will see tonight. They are all different.

Not ALL beautiful women have been photographed - and not by me - and not in every way possible.

To learn. To 'see' through the eyes and "being" of someone else. *VERY* little of that has "been done".

"Highly trained people"??? (not only that, but !!!) ... Who are they? ... and what, specifically, have they "worked out"?

This isn't a matter of "training" -- it is a matter of seeing, of life, of being ... of operating beyond the sense of reality ... Do you honestly think all of that has "been done"?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Traveling to work a few months ago i noticed some graffiti that for some reason grabbed my attention. Someone had scrawled in foot hight letters:
    "Say Something New". (not a 'new' sentiment I'm sure!)

I'm not sure that my photography has developed to the point that it 'says' anything at all yet, but perhaps one day I'll make an image that says something new...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes, all the great photographs have been made, there will be no more. That gives us time to post comments on the internet.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    The Sunset taking place tomorrow has not been photographed yet and changes are good it will be different from all the previous ones. Most of them are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If we assume a question is being asked to gain some information in an efficacious manner, it is only polite to refer to the Search function.

As for the other stuff,
    as boring as it is,
    it's all been done.

Now, we're just sitting here, online.

Yawn.

Waiting.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin