Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This should get moved to the soapbox! What a large load of politically correct crap this one is. The laws are clear. One who is on public property is fair game. Next it will be considered a "hate crime" to take the picture. Let's hear it for the touchy feely crowd. This is lunacy, pure and simple. Gratuitous means "free" in that they want us to pay for the shot, that's a big load of B.S. to me. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    This should get moved to the soapbox! What a large load of politically correct crap this one is. The laws are clear. One who is on public property is fair game. Next it will be considered a "hate crime" to take the picture. Let's hear it for the touchy feely crowd. This is lunacy, pure and simple. Gratuitous means "free" in that they want us to pay for the shot, that's a big load of B.S. to me. tim

Thanks for the laugh Tim!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

"sense of humour failures" - now there's an excellent Brit term of great usefulness that I'd almost forgotten in my years in exile (oft used to much useful effect by the average Squaddie)

I must admit I'm getting a perverse delight from some of the Colonel Blimp responses to this in various places... ;-)

Now about the ethics of nailing Squirrels by their ears... hmmm I once got into the most appalling flame war with moggie lovers on the LUG by raising the issue of Schrodinger's cat !

Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster
    Absurd

Should ban the photographing of upper-middle class Social Democrats, or how about all pictures of sailors!
    They damn well better not outlaw pictures of sailors. That is my bread and butter, you're talking here.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think they should ban photographing for ID/Passports.

I feel my privacy invaded and my soul raped when they do this to me.

Excuse me I need to go cry in the corner...
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They just don't wat to show the failure of their own governments. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bwahhh haaa haaa!!!OhGodstoppitnowI'mgoingtodie!!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now, now! You guys aren't being sensitive to the needs of the many! If photographing the homeless is disallowed it will be much easier to ignore the problem. Then the average person won't have to be bothered or made to feel bad by seeing such images. You should be happy to give up this paltry amount of freedom in order to serve the greater good. Think of the children, for goodness' sake!

Shooter
    35mm
    I find myself in complete agreement with the ban, however, the recent legislation prohibiting photography of cats is a bit of a concern.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The problem is every time I go downtown to shoot landscapes there is a damn homeless person! Fortunately, I can still shoot pictures down at the Clinton Presidential Library because our City Fathers made a point to clear them out from the area before the opening. Unfortunately, now they are everywhere else. Panhandling at Walgreen's, pushing their carts on the sidewalks and even sleeping in the park! As of a few weeks ago, the Mayor agreed to lease a building that is open for 30 MINUTES every morning so the homeless can come in off the street and get stale donuts and coffee. This is a major accomplishment, since the homeless outreach organizations were banned for going to the homeless camps and feeding them under the bridge. It was considered loitering.

(Please note, the above was written in a facetious tone)

There was a girl in my photo 2 class last fall who obtained a grant to study the impact of "urban revitalization" for another one of her classes. She found some old urban planning studies from the 70's that touted their big plans and went in to those areas and photographed the results. She also went down to the neighborhood around the Clinton center that has been declared blighted and is slated for urban renewal to interview the residents and did a photo documentary. She unbound the urban planning report and added in her own narrative interspersed with the images she made--it was a very powerful counterpoint to the report.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin