Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,453   Online: 975

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Ah yes, pickled squirrels. Another great British delicacy banned by Brussels to further promulgate the myth that the sum total of English cuisine consists of fish and chips and roast beef dinners.

It'll be Uncle Joes Mint Balls next...
    Gosh, I haven't had fish & chips or roast beef on any of my trips to England. I think I got ripped off...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If there is a dumb law then I've gotta go out and break it!

This is very near my house. He was coming from the direction of the liquor store. Around here a lot of homeless ride these decrepid old bicycles. This one has a trailer to haul his junk around in. Astia 100, 80-200 2.8 Nikkor, Nikon F3.
    Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nc5p
    This is very near my house. He was coming from the direction of the liquor store. Around here a lot of homeless ride these decrepid old bicycles. This one has a trailer to haul his junk around in. Astia 100, 80-200 2.8 Nikkor, Nikon F3.
    Doug
    Now, how do you know he is homeless?! He might be just trying to transport himself without emitting greenhouse gases and he needs the trailer because when you shop at Wal-Mart, you usually leave with a lot of stuff!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Gosh, I haven't had fish & chips or roast beef on any of my trips to England. I think I got ripped off...
    I think the Brits call cooked squirrel "roast beef", so be careful what you ask for.

nc5p, that guy is so far away I can hardly see him, much less tell if he's homeless, so I think you're okay.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take that picture down! I never signed a release form.

Quote Originally Posted by nc5p

Doug
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by seadrive
    I think the Brits call cooked squirrel "roast beef", so be careful what you ask for.
    Don't ask me - I'm the one that thought "spotted dick" was something one kept very hush hush until he could get to a clinic...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About bloody time. Next up (repeating myself from another forum) - a ban on art student self-portraits that rip off Nan Goldin and/or Cindy Sherman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Don't ask me - I'm the one that thought "spotted dick" was something one kept very hush hush until he could get to a clinic...
    Under the circumstances I withdraw my reference to Uncle Joe's Mint Balls...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Under the circumstances I withdraw my reference to Uncle Joe's Mint Balls...
    That would probably be appropriate, considering...

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Check out the newest issue of LensWork. "Men Like Me" by Bill Jay, portraits of the homeless in a southern Calif beach town. The images are very disturbing, scary. But well worth a look.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin