Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,556   Online: 1057

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hehehe, check thisout. I guess satire and irony truly are lost on some people.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Shooting the homeless does appear to solve many social problems.
    Jonathan Swift would approve....
    http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html
    art is about managing compromise

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Maybe we should take a lesson from what it takes to be a good photographer; "The only good photographer is a dead photographer."

You might think that, students being what they are, will try to photograph what is easiest and most readily available. Apparently the homeless fall into that catagorie. I suppose that looking at a constant parade of homeless people on a daily basis can be very disturbing. Almost like sticking your head in the sand and trying to breath.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Weird thread. I didn't even know the homeless had a band...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Hehehe, check thisout. I guess satire and irony truly are lost on some people.
    I actually think that it just spawned that discussion...and he took it out of the other thread to avoid mixing the two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny, but this seems to be a problem which cuts across international lines. I think it IS a conspiracy by the "power elite" which has caused this problem. I'm sure if we look deep enough, we will find that Bush, Cheney and Blair, along with the oil companies and car manufacturers, are the ones pulling the strings in a world wide conspiracy. If we were to dig a bit deeper still, we will find that these plots have been in existence since ancient times, and that this society to promote homelessness has been handed down over thousands of years, similar to the DaVinci Code.

"Anyway, because of the greed from the power elite, we have thousands and thousands of homeless in the streets of Vancouver. It's shameful and disgusting and what's worse is people stealing their last ounce of dignity by taking their pictures. There's one a-h_le on the pnut who gets a kick from shooting them, along with Vancouver nickel & dime hookers. Shame! Shame! Shame!"

So I'm wondering, what should be done about this terrible problem? It seems that the simplest solution is the best solution. I think a law should be passed which will imprison any and all photographers who willingly, or by mistake, take pictures of the homeless. This would serve to improve the community by removing the filth of film lovers from society, so that progress can be made into the digital nirvana of the future. Yesterday evening I called the police when a group of three of these sterling fellows started to accost my neighbor. They were using the "m.f." word in addressing him in front of his small children. Yep, wonderful fellows, these three. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't read the entire thread but, here goes:

What's next, a ban on G.W. with his tongue out???

Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    I didn't read the entire thread but, here goes:

What's next, a ban on G.W. with his tongue out???

Nah. If they did that they'd have to go after Willie hanging a rat in the WH. The Nova-Dems would never stand for it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin