Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,316   Online: 1004

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Troy - I intentionally left a clue in image. So far, however, no one has noticed it.
    I suppose it has something to do with the star shaped shadow beneath Mickey?
    Diane

Halak 41

Images
    OK, I can see where this thread is going...so I'll bite.
    Plexiglass?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Hamon
    David,
    Does this mean you are clairvoyant or unlucky?
    I've been told that I've never had an original thought. :rolleyes:

BTW, aside from the group project I'm currently on (which, of course, was not my idea) I do have ideas for two other series, but I ain't telling!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My guess is poor Mickey's left heal is superglued to the diving board..looks like most of him is hanging just above water.

If I'm right Ralph, do I win the Goofy award? Or does that honor befall you?
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like the mouse might by lying on his belly after being placed on a glass tumbler filled with water and submerged in the "pool" . Thats what I see....:-)

Charlie.............................

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Charlie...best explanation so far from my view in the peanut gallery...jello just doesn't seem clear enough, the perspective doesn't seem right to have the heel connected to the diving board (there appears to be some decent separation between them)...but the tumbler...not sure it puts the shadow in quite the right spot, but it is very close...Ralph?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi ralph -

looks like he was set in clear acrylic resin.

but i'm usually wrong about this stuff ...

-john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just at the bottom and to the right of the shorts of the recently deceased, you can see the the circular foot, or round base of a small 'wine glass'...what looks like a star on the bottom of the pool is light refracted through the 'cut glass' design where the stem meets the glass. This supports his face.

[Upon further reflection...by the lower part of his left ear, is that the top of the glass? Would that make what I thought was the foot actually the shadow of the glass, and the foot is hidden under Mickey's body?]

The horizontal line to the right of the shadow of his right foot is;

a) the shadow from the clear fishing line submerged just below the surface which supports his legs, or,

b) the shadow of a small piece of glass or plexi-glass that supports his legs, where it sits on the bottom of the pool.

No Goofy prize for me please, I'll go for the inflatable Daisy

Murray
    Last edited by MurrayMinchin; 04-23-2006 at 09:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ralph, see edited post above.

Mmmmmmmmm...Daisy...

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just at the bottom and to the right of the shorts of the recently deceased, you can see the the circular foot, or round base of a small 'wine glass'...

The circular shape you refer to looks to me like a reflection of the shorts themselves in the surface of the 'pool'.

what looks like a star on the bottom of the pool is light refracted through the 'cut glass' design where the stem meets the glass. This supports his face.

But if this is true, the shadow from the wine glass is cast in the wrong direction...it should be off to left of Mickey's center, though not as far as his own shadow...this is why the tumbler makes sense because it puts the star pattern right down on the bottom of the 'pool'. I can't see exactly what you're referring to with your other points, and you may well be right, but so far I'm still campin' with Charlie...or wait...in Charlie's camp...are those the same thing?...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin