Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,692   Online: 708

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMHO, 750x750 would be a good compromise between viewing comfort and download speed. Unless, of course, one is on a dial-up connection.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm wondering...

If bandwidth/server space is the biggest concern, and the software permits it, a size limitation that allows for a greater number of pixels for the longer dimension of a rectangular image would be nice. As an example:

750x750 = 562,500 pixels square, while
    850x650 = 552,500 pixels square.

Both examples consume similar amounts of server space, and may use similar amounts of bandwidth (please correct me on this if I'm wrong), but the resulting increase in resolution for a rectangular image is significant.

Matt
    Last edited by MattKing; 04-30-2006 at 02:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: improved word choice

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by finny99
    I see, there is a canadian photo site I noticed you cant even save the picture, thought that was a cool feature
    Look in your browser cache - the images will all be there.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin