Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,861   Online: 949

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Photography is to art as wheat beer is to my taste and thirst. What matters is the substance that's critical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was expecting to see people to fill in 'religion' as both pairs (photography and art - science and religion) have a rather complicated love and hate relationship. But Dan, where is this question coming from? Very unusual coming from you, I must say. Is it the arrival of spring?
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    35mm
    Photography is to art as laxatives are to science.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    I was expecting to see people to fill in 'religion' as both pairs (photography and art - science and religion) have a rather complicated love and hate relationship.
    You mean, what Scientology is to Mr. Tom Cruise?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    You mean, what Scientology is to Mr. Tom Cruise?
    Well, maybe the word creationist was flitting through my mind when composing this reply. Also, I just read an excellent article on the BBC yesterday by the historian Lisa Jardin on belief and certainties.
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Photography is to art as laxatives are to science.
    By which, Claire, I assume you want to point out there is no relation?

Shooter
    35mm
    Assune whatever yiu wish Norman.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Norman? Who's Norman? I don't see no Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    I was expecting to see people to fill in 'religion' as both pairs (photography and art - science and religion) have a rather complicated love and hate relationship. But Dan, where is this question coming from? Very unusual coming from you, I must say. Is it the arrival of spring?
    Well, Norm, I got tired of interminable pointless wrangles about whether photography is art or art is photography or they're both something else .... So I thought I'd add to the confusion by starting one myself. I'm surprised that no one has replied with "photography is to art as a bicycle is to a fish." And my case of jemenfoutisme is getting worse.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eh bien, jemenfoutisme, c'est ça? Maintenant je comprends. Vous ne devriez jamais avoir commencé ce sujet. Mais vous avez su cela comme moi à l'avance, n'est ce pas?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin