Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,861   Online: 906

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Update On National Park Service Filming Fees

Well accourding to one of our local Newspapers, the National Park Service is Backing up on its Fee's for Filming in the Parks, this is a local report targeted at Yellowstone, but it looks like it could be Park Service Wide..

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com.../30filming.txt

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's good news . . . maybe.

The larger issue may be how park officials interpret the equipment being used, and the potential inconsistency in that interpretation - the old "pro" camera on a tripod sort of issue. The "crew of up to 2 peope" would seem to allow one to photograph one's (model-material) spouse with a view camera, but adding a (model-material) daughter might be a problem.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    That's good news . . . maybe.

The larger issue may be how park officials interpret the equipment being used, and the potential inconsistency in that interpretation - the old "pro" camera on a tripod sort of issue. The "crew of up to 2 peope" would seem to allow one to photograph one's (model-material) spouse with a view camera, but adding a (model-material) daughter might be a problem.
    I have to agree with Ralph regarding his comment regarding the "pro" camera on a tripod. I mean, bigger camera/more equipment = professional to a lot of people.

For example, I was shooting with a 4x5 with a 90 mm Nikkor-SW and a tripod a couple of years ago at a balloon glow and I was asked twice (by various people attending the event, not any security related people) if I was with one of the local tv stations.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting that the article (and I hope the "rule" refers) talks only about film making with only one reference to photographers (which I take as still photographers).

With more and more of the National Parks restricting access with private vehicular traffic we as nature, landscape and wildlife photographers have enough problem getting ourselves, gear, and camera equipment into these parks.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I am going to ask, I am leaving to do a couple of days in Yellowstone in about 15 minutes and will talk to a few of the admin people I know in Yellowstone and see what is up.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Well I am going to ask, I am leaving to do a couple of days in Yellowstone in about 15 minutes and will talk to a few of the admin people I know in Yellowstone and see what is up.

Dave
    But Dave,

You are in Kalispell, it might be of interest to hear what their take is on this in Glacier as well.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a call in to the superindendant and if he don't call back, I am going to have dinner with him next week, so will see what I can find out.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    For example, I was shooting with a 4x5 with a 90 mm Nikkor-SW and a tripod a couple of years ago at a balloon glow and I was asked twice (by various people attending the event, not any security related people) if I was with one of the local tv stations.

How could anyone confuse a broadcast video camera with a large format camera?

Lachlan

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the same way people ask, "is that a hasselblad?" when i'm shooting with my LF camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    How could anyone confuse a broadcast video camera with a large format camera?

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, let's put it this way the public really doesn't know that much when it comes to large format equipment. When my Linhof Technikardan 45S was about new maybe 10 or 11 years ago, people asked me if it were an old camera.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin