Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,565   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    We have exactly the same problem in the U.K. especially London where the mayor was threatening to erect notices warning parents of photographers, especially those with digis and mobile phones. The 7/7 suicide bombers in London seems to have persuaded the authorities that a mass of people taking photos may produce useful information in such situations. If the mass of a city's population take street photos constantly it's then equivalent of CCTV cameras on every street which is where we are heading anyway.

Presumably 24hr CCTV taking pictures of kids is OK provided it is in the right hands, that is to say the authorities in which the populace can have total faith. This rings a bell. Ah yes, it's the nightmare scenario in George Orwell's famous novel 1984.

pentaxuser
    In Japan, the survery cameras in the subway systems are in high demand, too partly because there was a sarin-gas attack by a bizzare cult group over a decade ago in Tokyo. That was the beginning of this part of the history for the people over here, and some died and many still suffer from it.

Then last night I read a little news that the subway in the city of Nagoya, a woman sprayed other passengers and ran away a few days ago, and she has not been caught yet. Now the newspaper and the local police blame on Nagoya's subway system because there were cameras installed but no the recordings of the images were taken regularly.

My fear is that the camera and the recording are becoming inevitably inseparable as a package, and that's because the police want them just to catch a little criminal like that woman, who may have just used a little pepper-spray that anyone can buy. That's where we are today at least in this part of the world.

Sorry to go off topic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They should take the City Councillors who came up with this to the ice pond and kick them in the icehole.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    They should take the City Councillors who came up with this to the ice pond and kick them in the icehole.
    Andy,

At least you and I agree on this one!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin