Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,204   Online: 957

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might be of interest to some of you re: this thread:

http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/letyoung.html

From someone who makes a living at photography too!

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    . . . I think it is still possible to have an identifyable style while being commercial, but I think it needs to consciously thought out at the same time.
    Although my Method #1 description was a bit harsh on those who affect a personal style purely for marketing reasons, I don't disagree with your comment, Michael. The better commercial photographers I've dealt with have been able to translate their well-defined philosophy of life to everything they shoot, making even product shots reflect their feelings. Because those feelings were largely mainstream, the work still had broad appeal. In contrast, the more brooding or sullen "artist" may have more trouble achieving success as a commercial shooter, because what they are expressing probably doesn't really resonate for many people, even though some of those folks may find it "interesting".
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin