Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,628   Online: 721

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Photography Protected Profession in EU ?

Today a trial took place between me and the Greek Visual Artist's Federation. The reason was that the Federation was refusing to register me as a member, claiming that photographers are not artists, although the law states that since I am in possesion of an Art School Diploma, they are obliged to accept me. So, I had to appeal to the court to solve the problem. (I'll know more about what will happen when the court decision comes out - in a few months)

What I would like to ask the EU Apuggers is the following:

The court asked me whether there is a professional interest from my part if I was a member of the Federation. Since Photography is not a protected profession in Greece, anyone can register as a Pro or Artist photographer without the need or a proven Membership in the artist's federation or proven studies. But it would be useful to me to be able to provide relevant information regarding other EU countries, for I can use it in my argument that I can make use of this Membership, even in other EU countries...

So, if you know anything about photography being a protected profession in your country, please tell me so. I have heard that in order to make Portraits as a Pro in Germany you need to be registered somewhere (I don't know where) or to have studied something. I also know that in order to operate a photographic shop in Belgium you have to have studied at least in a technical school (like the "75")...

Please hurry, I have to deposit a written report by Friday...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The profession of photographer is no longer protected in Belgium.
    It's like that since 2005.

G

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Not protected in France. I am registered as a photographer, journalist and writer.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Today a trial took place between me and the Greek Visual Artist's Federation. The reason was that the Federation was refusing to register me as a member, claiming that photographers are not artists, although the law states that since I am in possesion of an Art School Diploma, they are obliged to accept me. So, I had to appeal to the court to solve the problem. (I'll know more about what will happen when the court decision comes out - in a few months)

What I would like to ask the EU Apuggers is the following:

The court asked me whether there is a professional interest from my part if I was a member of the Federation. Since Photography is not a protected profession in Greece, anyone can register as a Pro or Artist photographer without the need or a proven Membership in the artist's federation or proven studies. But it would be useful to me to be able to provide relevant information regarding other EU countries, for I can use it in my argument that I can make use of this Membership, even in other EU countries...

So, if you know anything about photography being a protected profession in your country, please tell me so. I have heard that in order to make Portraits as a Pro in Germany you need to be registered somewhere (I don't know where) or to have studied something. I also know that in order to operate a photographic shop in Belgium you have to have studied at least in a technical school (like the "75")...

Please hurry, I have to deposit a written report by Friday...
    Isn't the EU great! Better contact your EU rep.
    Don Bryant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin