Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,571   Posts: 1,621,853   Online: 948

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I won't give the guy's actual contact information. If you google him (must add the middle initial J) you will only find one hit, that he applied to the zoning board to have ten horses on his property. (We are limited to four per acre around here).

Joe is right though. People around here do seem paranoid. This guy has a lot to steal, like a brand new H2 Hummer, Powerstroke crew cab dually Lariat, a huge fifth wheel, a huge boat, three big horse trailers, and those ten horses. I had my car stolen by one of the local gangs. (My big outside dog had just died so I was vulnerable) They partied all weekend then "dumped" it. I spent a lot of time fixing all the stuff they tore up. However, the big difference is I don't take it out on innocent people and make wild accusations. I can't see how anybody could possibly think I was in a gang. Most people in this neighborhood know I photograph and don't care. Some of them have seen my prints at the arts and crafts fairs.

We'll see what happens when the reports to MRGCD, the county, arts board, UNM, area photo clubs, and media get read tomorrow. I already heard back from the ANVA (Alameda community association). They were horrified. Their president is an amateur photographer and does the same thing I was doing.

Doug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had something like this happen before.
    I was photographing a young lady using a building as a backdrop when out came this security officer. He wanted my name, my film and to give me a going over. I let him rant them told him that I and the model were on public property. That his building is open to use as a backdrop because it visible from the public streets and he wasn't getting my film.
    The little dude was getting huffy when a "real" police officer just happen to drive by. The security ran out into the street and had the officer pull over and explained his wants and needs. Then the officer looked at me and the young lady and said to go on with my business. He saw that the security officer had a small dog complex going on.
    Anyways, the jest of the story is that if you are on public property, doing legitmate business and not harming anyone. You have the right to photograph.
    This can change if we as artist don't protect our rights! The goverment both local and federal are looking of ways to limit our photographing. Case in point is the person who tried to sue artists in New York.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About a week ago I had my Elan 7n loaded up with some neopan and was out front with the camera piggybacked on top of my telescope doing some widefields and after a little bit some lady from the apartments across the street comes out and starts going off saying I better not have her on surveillance, in that "oh-no-you-didnt" tone.

Asked what I had and I told her it was a telescope. She screamed "What!?" and I repeated my self then asked her if she wanted to have a look. She then carries on about we better not have her under surveillance.

She used the word "surveillance" like 12 times!

she rambled all the way back into her apartment. She was loud and stayed on her side of the street.

I expected the cops to come but they did not. I was out for another 45 min after this.

freaking paranoid psycho.

Have not been out side since. Don't know what to do. Next time she may just bring a gun out side and let a few live ones off. Would be a bit of a different story if she would shut up and listen for 15 sec.

Shesh... some people

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    You don't have bad people in Sweden?

R.
    http://gamblingmagazine.com/articles/53/53-137.htm
    http://gangstersinc.tripod.com/Biker.html

Unpleasant people are everywhere. Fortunately, only a very few are armed with anti-tank weapons.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by slitherjef
    freaking paranoid psycho.
    "Yeah, well, paranoia is just a kind of awareness, and awareness is just a form of love. Paranoia is the other side of love. Once you give in to paranoia, it ceases to exist. That's why I say, submission is a gift, just give in to it, don't resist. "
    --- Charles Manson, 1970

Have not been out side since. Don't know what to do.
    Use less conspicuous gear and improve your surveillance skills so as not too have her take notice that your watching her..
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and what's the relevance of naming your foe? To move the theatre of your conflict and widen the badgering to APUG?
    Edward C. Zimmermann

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by N O Mennescio
    Threads like this makes me happy that I live in sweden.
    I recall I was sitting at a cafe in 1982 in Stockholm (I was a guest scientist at EFI) and a large groups of youth came by.. I thought.. finally a bit of action on the streets and they did not need to be drunk first.. the next day in the papers.. The group I saw had just set a disco on fire 'cause "bloody foreigners were dancing with Swedish girls". Living a few years earlier in the south (Lund) I used to have fun with the "Ragere" (Happy days meets Hells Angels).. and lets not forget about the wack bike gangs and large numbers of Neo-Nazis.. despite being nearly comically stupid, for many ethnic groups their violence is real--- and the courts tend to be quite tolerant, just as in much of eastern Europe including eastern parts of Germany, to these forms of violence.
    Edward C. Zimmermann

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pelerin
    http://gamblingmagazine.com/articles/53/53-137.htm
    http://gangstersinc.tripod.com/Biker.html

Unpleasant people are everywhere. Fortunately, only a very few are armed with anti-tank weapons.

Oops! I had forgotten about those guys. I would appear that we are as bad as the rest. At least we are still able to take pictures more or less anywhere with out any permits. May it last.
    N O Mennescio
    Spatial Nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by nc5p
    The man who assaulted me. He lives about 300 feet from where I was standing. I am VERY hesitant to call the cops, they are EXTREMELY crooked here and often arrest innocent people while they let drunk drivers, rapists, and murderers off scott free. I try to avoid any contact with them.

Doug
    The Bernalillo County Sheriff's Dept. would respond to the call. They are the straightest, most professional group you can deal with. I would have no hesitation dealing with them. You, are in my estimation, way out of line with your description. The Sheriff, Darren White is a long time law enforcement professional who will not put up with anything less than 100% service to the public. If you have any proof to the contrary as to Sheriff's officers not performing properly, then you need to call him directly.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-15-2006 at 05:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edz
    and what's the relevance of naming your foe? To move the theatre of your conflict and widen the badgering to APUG?
    That's what I don't understand. You didn't call the police, and you have no witnesses, but you're blasting him here by name. He could hit you with a libel suit.

And FYI, before you say "oh, he'll never find this thread", you should know that this thread and the one you started on iphotoforum can be found with a web search on "".

You should probably ignore all those responses on iphotoforum chastising you for not kicking his a$$.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-22-2006 at 02:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin