Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,574   Online: 1163

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nc5p
    The man who assaulted me. He lives about 300 feet from where I was standing. I am VERY hesitant to call the cops, they are EXTREMELY crooked here and often arrest innocent people while they let drunk drivers, rapists, and murderers off scott free. I try to avoid any contact with them.

Doug
    Your evealuation of your police department seems a bit skewed...perhaps from a negative personal experience??? I doubt that they let murderers and rapists go, but...you live there and I don't.

I would suggest you report the matter to the police, hire a lawyer and drop a letter of intent to sue on the idiot...

The only way to hold onto the rights you have is to stand up for them when they are threatened.

If you had a right, or permission to be, where you were and were not infringing on the idiot's privacy rights, shoot away! (Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!)

Now, if his house was between you and the sunset, there may be room for discussion...

I've set up my tipod on the sidewalk of my local town and started shooting in broad daylight; most don't even give me a second glance. (The migrant workers sometimes look a little nervous.) Those people that do engage me in polite conversation and go about their business.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-15-2006 at 05:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel lucky. People here are mostly photo friendly. When I am wandering around the neighborhood taking pics, the usual reactions are to ask:

1. What kind of camera is that?
    2. Do you use digital?
    3. Are you a professional?
    4. Do you need me to move or stand somewhere?

I stopped to shoot a dog peering into the cheese shop last weekend and he moved before I got the camera up. The owner asked me about the camera, chatted a while, and asked where I wanted him and the dog so I could get the shot I missed. The dog was not quite as cooperative. With one exception, mentioned earlier, people have been very friendly. But then we also have a local gallery and an artists coop, not to mention the occasional wandering clown.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    I stopped to shoot a dog peering into the cheese shop last weekend and he moved before I got the camera up. The owner asked me about the camera, chatted a while, and asked where I wanted him and the dog so I could get the shot I missed. The dog was not quite as cooperative. With one exception, mentioned earlier, people have been very friendly. But then we also have a local gallery and an artists coop, not to mention the occasional wandering clown.
    I had similar funny experience a while back. I was setting up to take a 4X5 picture of a church not far away and a stranger walked up and said he worked a an Extra in the movies and would I like him to stand in the picture? I told him thank you but I was trying NOT to get people in the picture. He looked confused and walked away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a bad thread.

Although I share the concern of the original poster with regard to being able to shoot without worrying about being assaulted Mr X probably should not have been named.

Assuming the account is factual,the OP most certainly should have called the cops. In any event we are doing Mr X an injustice.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-15-2006 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    This is a bad thread.

Although I share the concern of the original poster with regard to being able to shoot without worrying about being assaulted Mr X probably should not have been named.

Assuming the account is factual,the OP most certainly should have called the cops. In any event we are doing Mr X an injustice.
    This is the best post in the thread.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-15-2006 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have removed the man's name from this thread. I think the risk of legal ramifications down the road are too likely.

Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget to remove him from the thread title too.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Don't forget to remove him from the thread title too.
    oops

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I have removed the man's name from this thread. I think the risk of legal ramifications down the road are too likely.
    You missed one (page 1).

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101
    You missed one (page 1).
    Thank you.
    I've got it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin