Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,300   Online: 837

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    For the greatest majority of my work, I'd check "Fine Art" .. not becase I want to pre-judge or pump-up my work ... but I believe it is the only category that fits ... or at least the best choice of the category that fiits...
    Yet another reason I'm glad I have become an Ambrotypist.

joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "I know nothing about art but I know what I like."

I think that sums it up. To me I can appreciate a Winslow Homer or an Ansel Adams. I am also the same person who wouldn't walk across the street to see a Picasso painting. In my view a kindergartener could do the same thing. A lot of the "fine art" photographs are snapshots taken by snobs.

At least I admit all my work is garbage. If some people like it, that's cool but I won't demand high prices for it or expect it. Sure I've had a photo in an art gallery but most of my photos hang in the homes of the finest friends and family I could ask for.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin