Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,868   Online: 1130

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    She seems to be a bit sadistic, no?

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The name of her site, the manipulator.com should give you a good perspective on her personality and the type of person she is.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis Neel
    The name of her site, the manipulator.com should give you a good perspective on her personality and the type of person she is.
    Her manipulation of the images looks to me to be right out of the Loretta Lux School of Image Processing. Such mannerisms get tiresome very quickly. Therefore she's certain to be a huge commercial success, a la Anne Geddes.

Interesting concept.

It's kind of like if "migrant mother" lived in one of your rental houses and you evicted her and turned her out on the street then took pictures of her.

Some people will do anything for money and attention.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Loretta Lux School of Image Processing."

Clearly you're missing the subtle differences. While every shot of Lux's looks like Norman Rockwell story-boarding a creepy horror movie, this artist is clearly going for the demented Gerber Baby look --

"But, (sob, sob) it tastes (sob, shriek) like shit!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My immediate response to the photos themselves was "I like it". Then I thought about it, how many children did she have to do that to to get the number of results she needed? She's gotta be pretty F-ed up to sit there and manipulate that many children to cry. They're strong images, but knowing how she did them makes me wonder about her own psyche. I'm a weird cat, but even I wouldn't attempt it. You just don't mess with children. In the podcast she says each shoot only took 15 minutes and according to her that's not long enough to affect a child. Is she high? So I suppose it's okay to molest a child as long as it doesn't last more than 15 minutes. This is clearly child abuse. Okay so the parents gave her permission. Say a person you met in a mall came up to your child and purposely caused them to cry. You'd have them arrested. So if you give permission for this sick-o to do the same thing then you should be locked in the prison cell with her.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Therefore she's certain to be a huge commercial success, a la Anne Geddes."

LOL How true

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Say a person you met in a mall came up to your child and purposely caused them to cry. You'd have them arrested. So if you give permission for this sick-o to do the same thing then you should be locked in the prison cell with her."

Ah yes, but what she is doing is Art, so its ok for her to do it. <-----sarcasm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As I read through the thread I kept trying to think that there perhaps there is "another side" to this discussion - but there isn't!

This is abusive and the woman is sick. Children generally, and particularly under the age of 3, are trusting individuals - particularly toward adults to whom they look for love and protection. This abuser is taking advantage of that inherent trusting in order to enrich herself.

She should be arrested and the kids should be taken away from any parent that would condone this!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a psychological assessment done with preschool children that involves giving the child a toy and then taking it away at the end of the session. My wife is a music therapist who sometimes works in educational settings and has had to do these kinds of assessments occasionally, and she's very reluctant to do that one, but that said, it's not so different from what it sounds like this photographer is doing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin