Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,776   Online: 923

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

American Photo story (Jill Greenberg)

The latest edition of American Photo has a story about Jill Greenberg, a photographer in L.A. who specilaizes in taking portraits of crying children under the age of 3. The upshot is that she actually creates the conditions that force them to cry, in order to take the shots. She does this by removing their clothes, giving them a candy and then taking it away. placing them in uncomfortable positions etc. Her critics contend that what she is doing amounts to chiuld abuse. Her own comments tend to support that view in my mind. I think this is the most disgusting story I've ever read about a photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's evil and mean. Like kicking a dog. To inflict any kind of pain on a child for any purpose other than an immunization or the like is sickening. Where are their parents? Counting the modeling fee?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very disturbing.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure which is worse... this sick-o woman for doing this, or the creeps who are buying them... what the heck is wrong with people?
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing is wrong with people. Being good is not natural human state, it is exception. So, that is perfectly normal for our kind of living creatures.

Gee, when I photograph kids I only hit them with a stick, when they start to cry.

I'm sure her book of these groundbreaking photographs will be in stores by Christmas.

MIchael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't it easier to just put the kids in Chicago Cubs jerseys?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris
    Nothing is wrong with people. Being good is not natural human state, it is exception. So, that is perfectly normal for our kind of living creatures.
    Exactly, you will get crying children just by photograping them. It is really close to abuse, to me at least, to go to these kinds of extremes to make them cry. If you are trying to capture natural human states, you shouldn't need to torture your models to get them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Jill Greenberg discusses her latest body of work, "End Times," a portrait series of crying children that doubles as a critique of the Bush administration."

What a bunch of hooey...trying to rationalize this as a political statement.

The pics on her site show children in complete anguish. This is just wrong.

She says in the podcast:

"I don't want to upset the children too much".

"As a mother of 2 children, I know they often cry all the time, and 2 minutes later, they are perfectly happy, so its not like I'm doing any type of permenant psycological damage by doing the photo shoot".

She's even going to get a commercial job out of this. How sick.

http://podcasting.americanphotomag.c...OTOPodcast.mp3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw a link to her work (http://www.paulkopeikingallery.com/a...erg/index0.htm) a few months ago on Joerg Colberg's blog. I was wondering how she got them to cry. I knew it must be something like this. Just shows you how stupid some parents are.

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin