Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,490   Online: 886

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    ...a series of cigarette butts in parking lots would be really good. Especially if it was shot in color.
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    It's been done. Try and come up with something fresh, please.
    How about dried up chewing gum spots on pavement and sidewalks? It could work ....
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    So are we agreed? All alt-photo practitioners produce boring art, while all silver gelatin and color workers produce 100% beautiful art, 24/7?

Have you even read the original post!? You may want to get your prescription checked if you are getting that out of it. Someone simply posted an observation (sorry they didnt follow your holy than thou rules for starting a post), and you seem to have taken it as an attack and against the fate of ULF/Alt. processes.

best regards!
    Grady

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh oh, another thread about to degrade....let's see how this one goes....
    Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady O
    Have you even read the original post!? You may want to get your prescription checked if you are getting that out of it. Someone simply posted an observation (sorry they didnt follow your holy than thou rules for starting a post), and you seem to have taken it as an attack and against the fate of ULF/Alt. processes.

best regards!
    Grady

I think clay just forgot the [sarcasm] ... [sarcasm/] tags.

by the way thats Pope Saint Cardinal Clay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    by the way thats Pope Saint Cardinal Clay.
    Amen and Hallelujah brother Scooter!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think pretty much everyone is taking this the wrong way. I have never ever said that "standard" processes are in any way better than ULF/Alt Process. A lot of people in this thread basically dug that out. I understand that I'm in the minority of this site and that I'm arguing against a vast majority on this site. I think its kind of funny how I never singled anyone out or pointed fingers... but several people are now taking this post so personally and are starting to single out me as "an angsty art school student/color photographer, etc." I simply posted a thread for people's consideration, everyone else brought this thread to where it is now. I only offered my opinions. I don't think just because my opinion differs from many that that should be an excuse to be condescending to me.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    I simply posted a thread for people's consideration, everyone else brought this thread to where it is now. I only offered my opinions. I don't think just because my opinion differs from many that that should be an excuse to be condescending to me.
    -Grant
    i don't wish to be condescending to you, Grant, I don't wish to make too much of your post, and I believe you didn't mean to polarise opinion as it has been polarised but......I have to pick this point up because it seems to me there is quite a lot of "I only offered my opinion" on this forum.

Considering this is an "ethics and philosophy" forum, I can't see how this thread fits here, as I'm very hard put to see any ethical issues or any philosophical ones either.

There seems to be a lot of posting of opinions without much thought or appreciation as to how they may be received, followed by "It wasn't me , I didn't mean it" and complete surprise as to the effect of said opinions.

I'm interested in both ethics and philosophy and if I may say so I think it's important to retain a certain detachment within both these areas, aswell as the ability to see a number of viewpoints, and to discuss these rationally. Sensitivity as to how your words may be interpreted by others and the ability to predict these possible interpretations is useful and desirable.

I've dipped my toe into these discussions but I find them mostly dismaying (sorry).. I think I'm going to go back to technical issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I DID forget to include the sarcasm tag. [self-referential sarcasm on] All gross generalizations from small-sample anecdotal observation are suspect [/self-referential sarcasm off]

And truly Grant, I don't take this personally, because I don't take this whole thread seriously anyway. I am just amused at the way something is stated can almost be guaranteed to generate a lot of contoversy. I'm laughing on the inside AND the outside.

St. General PFC bottlewasher cardinal just-call-me-mister Clay
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Let's just call a spade a spade here.

ALL alt process is pretentious, self conscious, posturing and almost always boring as hell.

If it weren't, why would every print need to shout out that is alt process, and therefore a very special print.

It has to do this because it can't stand alone on merit but need the alt process label to prove its meager worth.

"I only print platinum, I must be an artist"

" I suck as a image, but never mind I'm bromoil"

"I'm all blue, on purpose."

Give me a break.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin