Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,253   Online: 755

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    "I'm all blue, on purpose."
    I got no fish to fry here and I mean no disrespect to cyanotypes, but this one line is one of the funnier things I've read in this whole thread.

B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ROFLMAO

Let's just call a spade a spade here.

ALL alt process is pretentious, self conscious, posturing and almost always boring as hell.

If it weren't, why would every print need to shout out that is alt process, and therefore a very special print.

It has to do this because it can't stand alone on merit but need the alt process label to prove its meager worth.

"I only print platinum, I must be an artist"

" I suck as a image, but never mind I'm bromoil"

Give me a break.

Michael
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's call a spade a spade here... [etc]
    That's the other important thing to have in these discussions - sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by clay
    ROFLMAO
    Wassat? I know I should know, showing my lack of forum cool :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off.

Obviously you aren't a gamer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ALL alt process is pretentious, self conscious, posturing and almost always boring as hell.

If it weren't, why would every print need to shout out that is alt process, and therefore a very special print.
    Silver Gelatin anyone?
    [size=1]

[size=2]Regarding the boring subjects bit. Probably been said but I suspect it's evolved that way. Slow methodical intensely contemplative. You need a subject that won't move much. And it's bound to be desirable to choose subjects with characteristics that will exploit the benefits of the process and materials.

Of course it's more convenient to photograph stuff on the kitchen table with a huge, delicate old camera too. Not many people lugg the woppers out into the wilds or make models wait while they set the thing up in the studio. There are other film methods more convenient for that.

Obviously it wasn't always that way. There used to be no choice. So perhaps alt process photography today has lost something to that.
    [/size][/size]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Im throwing in the towel... anyone want a 7x17 and a a couple hundred negatives and shoudy prints?

I think Blansky is a internetforum-lyrical genius.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

It has to do this because it can't stand alone on merit but need the alt process label to prove its meager worth.

"I only print platinum, I must be an artist"

" I suck as a image, but never mind I'm bromoil"

Give me a break.

Michael
    Giclee anyone? How about a nice carbon print from your inkjet? Or for color, maybe a C-print is more to your liking?

Or would your just prefer one of "them pictures"?

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I suppose any process or tool can become a gimmick--alt-processes, Holga, Leica, Hasselblad, disposable cameras, Velvia, Tri-X in Rodinal, whatever.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    I think anybody pointing fingers at one group of photographers should first cast a critical eye towards the group they belong to. Me thinks the ratio of so-so to amazing work is the same for every genre.
    Murray
    Overall ? Maybe. There is a bunch of boring stuff everywhere. But we speak about what happens in this community here, which is, concerning craft ,knowledge and artistic concepts above the average level of other web galleries.

bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    Having to use an alternate process is just too extreme. Just being Blansky is alrerady way more pretension than any human being should ever even aspire to. Mike why not reveal your secret pudding head process?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin