Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,201   Posts: 1,531,528   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as a documentary/ surveillance photograph this is good. composition, color, balance - doesn't really matter to me.

the subject is the streetcorner/intersection and that is what it shows.
    it doesn't matter to me who took it.

the lawn on the right is perfect. shaggy so the root system is long in case there is a dry spell.
    im empty, good luck

DKT

that's funny john--I was thinking the same thing, if the image was in b&w, you'd think it came from the historic register.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think you have to see this one in person (hint, think 8x10 contact print). The presentation here does not do it justice.

I like it a lot. I don't know enough art-speak to explain why. I'm not sure I even know why I like it. I just do. I guess it's one of those things...you either get it or, you don't. Either way, it's no big deal.

I have even tried on occasion to immitate this particular person's style (see my gallery postings).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yep
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's like showing us one word out of a poem, and asking what we thought of the poem. With no context, that puppy is one pathetic lame duck! Just goes to show that an image should stand on its own merits without the artist, gallery owner, or curator there to tell us why we should see it as good.

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    It's like showing us one word out of a poem, and asking what we thought of the poem. With no context, that puppy is one pathetic lame duck! Just goes to show that an image should stand on its own merits without the artist, gallery owner, or curator there to tell us why we should see it as good.

Murray

Hmmm, yeah. I think you've completely missed it. It is good precicely because it is so completely unpretentious. It is the ordinary. The everyday. There is subtle beauty everywhere - even in these mundane scenes that we are surrounded by. We just don't see it because...well, our hearts are hardened against it. We are numb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want to say it's boring and uninteresting, because that's my first reaction to the subject matter presented here. I am drawn in though; up the street, around the corner, and back over the roof tops. I can see myself riding my bike down a street like this in my childhood. Life was simple then.

I like this photograph

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm replying without having read the replies of anyone else.

Good? As far as I can discern it is an accurate representation of some locale, so in that sense it's good. The colors appear "good". The photo doesn't interest me in any way, which doesn't make it bad, it just isn't my thing.

It doesn't matter who shot it, a pro, a master, a photographic genius. A name doesn't make something better or worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see nothing of interest, personally feel the composition is very poor, it looks very much like a police surveillance image made to show everything with nothing important included. I really don't car who actually made the image, as it says very little to me.

Charlie........................
    Who's opinion is worth ZERO!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone

I am curious to see what the general consensus is about this photo.
    -Grant
    I don't think the premise of your question stated in the subject line is valid. IMO, there are no good or bad photos. The question should be perhaps, "How will the viewer of this photograph react?" or "How do you react to this this photograph?"

I think judging photos based on a set of rules like often used in cameras clubs doesn't work for me so I try to be open minded about assessing a photo. Never the less we all have our own bias when we look at photos.

For me personally the subject here has no context, so my reaction to it is as a viewer is nil. As simply a photograhic object I'm not engaged visually here either.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin