Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,883   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 813

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have time to do as much photography as I would like, but I'm still obsessed by it. I'm here at my office on an internet photography forum when I should be working--if that tells you anything.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Insanity is more fun than pretending to be sane and anyway they do make a straightjacket for LF types, don't they?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Insanity is more fun than pretending to be sane and anyway they do make a straightjacket for LF types, don't they?
    It's not the conventional white, though: more 18 per cent grey...

Cheers,

R (www.rogerandfrances.com)

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know if I think about photography so much as I notice what I believe would be great shots every time I'm out and about. I can't seem to go anywhere without noticing dozens of great opportunities, or what could be great opportunities with different lighting (sunrise, sunset, less clouds, more clouds, etc). I then process different angles and such in my head until something else catches my eye or I need to focus on something else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ben

I think as long as you know it's an obsession, and especially if you're single then there's no possible harm. 'Obsession' can be a negative word, but try using 'commitment' and it sounds better.

I don't know about you but I live with three other people, and although I know my obsession is just commitment by another name, I know I sometimes drive them to distraction and I think I do behave a bit selfishly.

For example today I have the day "off" to do some decorating but I keep sloping off to scan in some negs and

this is my real worry...I think I'm now obsessed with photography forums. This one anyway - :o

Cate
    (p.s. yes, it's me).

Maybe insanity is enlightenment.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks
    It's not the conventional white, though: more 18 per cent grey...

Cheers,

R (www.rogerandfrances.com)
    Roger,

I see you are posting alot again. I hope this is an indicator of interest and not that Frances is ill again.

Bruce

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    It's a tremendous 'stress reliever' allowing me to create. When I am photographing, I am so focused, incredibly so. The stong focus, is frankly relaxing, as it takes my mind off of everyday stress. Just thinking about an image or seeing something that may offer itself up as a great image, takes my mind off of things.

I wouldn't call it obsession though, it's more like a passion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Enlightenment is a bitch. When you achieve it, even if for only for brief moments, the "normal" people will declare you insane.

Photography can be part of the path, as it helps you to see more than just out the front of your head, and maybe be more aware that everything isn't just your experience, reaction, and consideration.

Insanity and enlightenment are not mutually exclusive, and indeed can seem to go hand in hand from the monkey clan conformist point of view, which, sadly, is prevalent in society today.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    Roger,

I see you are posting alot again. I hope this is an indicator of interest and not that Frances is ill again.

Bruce
    Dear Bruce,

Thank'ee, she's much better. We've just come back from a 2-week shooting trip to Portugal, via the spas at Llo and St. Thomas. She's sleeping a lot to recover but is no longer walking with a stick. As I write she's making a birthday present for a friend using her 1920s treadle Singer sewing machine. So yes, it's part interest, and part just catching up. We did 3872 km (2345 miles) in our 1972 Land Rover in 13 days...

Cheers,

Roger

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin