Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,598   Online: 872

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I photograph what pleases me from what appears to me to be the best viewpoint. I photograph pretty much ordinary everyday things. I guess that I may be a master of the ugly and the insignificant.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    8x10 Format

ugly and insignificant

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I photograph what pleases me from what appears to me to be the best viewpoint. I photograph pretty much ordinary everyday things. I guess that I may be a master of the ugly and the insignificant.
    If you chose to photograph it then it is not insignificant.
    Jack

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Try not.Do.Or do not. There is no try" (Yoda).
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aesthetics...definitely. What makes me stop by one photo on the wall of a gallery and not another? Aesthetics. It could be the gallery presentation itself. If there were six photos of sunsets all in a row (assuming that it was not the presentation's theme), even though all may be very good photos, what is the likelihood that you'll give each its fair share(?) of your attention?

Mine may be a simpler view, but I'm somewhat casual and reliant on first impressions when viewing art. Something grabs my attention, then I make a decision if the image is pleasing to me or not. If it pleases me, I then look for why it does so and then start to examine it for the technical aspects (mostly with photos). I'm less concerned with "Do I think that he or she got the photo technically right?", than I am with how I like it or what it "says to me".

If I don't like the image, I still ask why and ponder the aesthetics, but I tend to spend less time with it...because I don't like it. If I don't like it, but it still sends an interesting message or tells a compelling story, I will spend a little more time with it; but I'll be moving on soon.

This process of viewing photos/art may be due to my own lack of mastery and formal art education, but ...it works for me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "So, how do you like your art?"

I do not make photographs I do not like and then run into try to find one that like it. It works other way around.
    I make what I like and I do not care someone like 'em or not. I like equally just each photograph I ever made.

There is no such thing as "YOUR ART". Art is an imaginary number, it does not exists. Artist yes they exists.

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I only concern myself with the aesthetics. I couldn't actually care less about what someone wants to read into my images because whatever they deem the image to be "about," because it's wrong. My images don't mean anything. I don't shoot with any mindset of what the image means, or what it will convery to the viewer. I only care about the lines, tones, textures, etc.
    Richard

siorai.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just shoot. I find that when I worry is when I get really bad shots.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For me a good photograph has got to have a "hook"...something that engages me. I don't try to show things in photographs normally. I prefer to pose questions. These may be questions of aesthetics, symbolic meanings, and compositional considerations. Photographs of "known objects", whether they are mine or others, portrayed as they are normally seen by everyone are boring to the point of distraction for me.

I don't get too hung up on focus, shutter speed, and depth of field. That is something that I would have hoped to have gone past a long time ago. I mean it is important...but it is second nature now.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    When I'm at a show, I just view the photographs there and think about all other stuff later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whatever hits me first, usually. If it's a terribly ugly or beautiful photo, I might look for the message, if it's got a strong message I'll look at he subject more. It all really depends. I donít usually try to work out the technical aspects, I donít think I'm experienced enough and even if I was my guesses would only be to feel I knew what the photographer was thinking at the time, really.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin