Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,921   Online: 899

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence

All of this led to a love of history and travel. I don't worry about what clothes to bring on vacation. I fret over which tripod, what lenses and how much film is "enough" without being "too much."

Mix? Entangle is probably a better word.

Yup.

Abstemious van der Genever

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Others have commented in this thread on taking photos of things that interested them, and I’ve certainly done that along the way – as interests came and went. But this one has gelled into a project that will likely result in a much more significant body of work. I’m really thrilled with this.

I have had a lifelong interest (adult life, anyway) in church architecture. Why? A whole other story. Anyway, about a year ago, a couple of other apuggers invited me along to go shoot at an old church in north central Texas. We had a great time and got a few good shots. A bit later, we went to yet another old church in a different part of the state. At that outing, I was told that they were thinking of making these old country churches in Texas a photo project, and “would I be interested?”. Of course!!!

Well, to make a long story short – we have evolved into the Texas Church Project.

See: http://www.texaschurchproj.com/index.html

The other apuggers are Matt Magruder (scootermm), Mike Castles (photomc), Lee Carmichael (lee) and Jeremy Moore ("Jeremy Moore" ).

Matt Magruder has done an article on the project for the Large Format Journal, which should be coming out soon. We’ll let you know when it does.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    umm.... i too enjoy shooting church architecture, but david already let that cat out of the bag
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't typically photograph people but I find I have the patience to monkey around with portraiture when it comes to my youngest child. It helps that he loves being in front of the camer.

I've always been a creature of nature - bicycling, walking, hiking, camping, and peeping at animals. I tend to watch for birds when I go out hiking and I tend to take my camer when I go out hiking.

I have also blended my love of anthropology with photography, though the photographs were not for me and I did not use my own equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you SEE my avatar?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apart from my family, live music photography. In my youth I desperately wanted to be in a happening blues/rock band but never had the chops/courage to take it far enough. Early twenties I started in photography and by mid-thirties had switched to visiting the camera stores in new cities and towns instead of the record and music shops.

I play guitar and sing in church every Sunday which is my only regular gig now! Practice is jamming in front of the computer waiting for scans to finish. My Les Paul custom is right beside me now...

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand photographing musicians, but how do you photograph music?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would think that to be a good photographer, one would have to be interested in something else. This would give you the enthusiasm to photograph such things.

Like many of you, I have too many interests. My time and money spread too thin. Some of them are: flying, fishing & hunting, old guns, old farm equipment, old farm buildings, old factory buildings, old cars (guess I like things old, like me!), gardening, cooking, travel, church, and many more. My wife has many of these interests also. She does art work with copper and/or glass, which I catalog. She's also a great photographer.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I was given a small telescope and had my first view of the moon, my immediate response was "how can I get a photo of that?". So my two hobbies intertwined to became astrophotography. However that sounds far too grand for what I do. I'm really just a sky-snapper.
    Carol

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!" - Lady MacBeth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy,
    if you do get into screen printing, it might be good to know that there is some overlap between photography and screenprinting. i do both and didn't realize it until i set up my darkroom, but 'burning' the screens is basically contact printing a design onto the emulsion. have fun with it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin