Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 809

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also the photosensitive emulsion is very similar to the gum bichromate process. I believe some of the older types of screen emulsion actually was gum bichromate.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDynamo
    Jeremy,
    if you do get into screen printing, it might be good to know that there is some overlap between photography and screenprinting. i do both and didn't realize it until i set up my darkroom, but 'burning' the screens is basically contact printing a design onto the emulsion. have fun with it
    Yep, I'm planning on building my first press in the next couple of weeks and I figured I already had the UV box for contact printing so I could use that to burn my screens.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    I understand photographing musicians, but how do you photograph music?
    A Maharishi once told me I had the power to channel music through my photos. While I can not hear it myself an elite group of mystics and gurus apparently are able to experience several milliseconds of music when they look at my images. I believe several APUGers have been studying in the foothills or Nepal in order to perfect this technique and join this select group. I suspect Peter Rockstroh may be one of them....
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=8644

Shooter
    35mm
    My zither has only one string...photography. I photograph whatever pleases my eye. I have spent much time, effort and money to reach a very low level of competence in photography. Why should I dilute my advanced state of nincompoopery by having a second interest?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Others have commented in this thread on taking photos of things that interested them, and I’ve certainly done that along the way – as interests came and went. But this one has gelled into a project that will likely result in a much more significant body of work. I’m really thrilled with this.

I have had a lifelong interest (adult life, anyway) in church architecture. Why? A whole other story. Anyway, about a year ago, a couple of other apuggers invited me along to go shoot at an old church in north central Texas. We had a great time and got a few good shots. A bit later, we went to yet another old church in a different part of the state. At that outing, I was told that they were thinking of making these old country churches in Texas a photo project, and “would I be interested?”. Of course!!!

Well, to make a long story short – we have evolved into the Texas Church Project.

See: http://www.texaschurchproj.com/index.html

The other apuggers are Matt Magruder (scootermm), Mike Castles (photomc), Lee Carmichael (lee) and Jeremy Moore ("Jeremy Moore" ).

Matt Magruder has done an article on the project for the Large Format Journal, which should be coming out soon. We’ll let you know when it does.
    What an awesome project! Man, I sure miss the ole home state now. Is there a book coming out of the project?

But back on topic, another avid cyclist here. I ride for distance, pleasure, groceries, and books. I love having a camera with me while on my bike because it is SO easy to pull over for a shot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting project ... I do hope there will be more than just a "token" of color work in this project. I'm going to bookmark this site, so I can follow along.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Right now it's fitness; I run/walk 40 to 50 miles per week, (I'm walking more because of a pulled achilles tendon), swim 1 to 2 miles per week. I have been thinking about entering tri athlete events but need to work on my cycling and maybe get a decent bike.

Also surfing, paddling, fishing, when time allows. Stock market, real estate to add a few more.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Interesting project ... I do hope there will be more than just a "token" of color work in this project. I'm going to bookmark this site, so I can follow along.
    Robert, there may be more color from me; I think it has to do with whether or not I take up analog color printing which will mean I'll have to shoot a lot more color film. You'd have to ask David about whether or not he's going to shoot more color.

I also believe there will be a slight overhaul of the website in the upcoming months, but I'm sure there will be an official-sort of announcement on apug when/if that happens.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin