Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,292   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Donald's comment about what's going on inside us rather than the quality or otherwise of the location. I also feel that getting into the habit of making exposures every day generates better images and helps in the development of seeing. Sadly not many of us have the opportunity to make exposures every day.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davetravis
    I am blessed to live in Colorado, where there are few "bad" places.
    Dave, I grew up in Colorado, and while I love the state, I don't think I could ever go back. I left in 1993 because it was getting too much like California, for my tastes. Probably what happens when you grow up in a place like that, you see the good places overrun with crowds.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Getting good photos automatically makes it a good place.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Robert,
    I hear ya about the crowds, but the scenery sure beats Mississippi! But you know what? Every time I disappear into the hills, I look around and ask myself, "Why am I the only one here?" Most of the hoards stay around metro Denver, and I am still able to find places that are remote, with solitude. And besides if it gets too crowded for me, I just start blasting one of my pistols, and it becomes remote again pretty quickly!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin