Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,989   Online: 672

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

How about this model release?

I've been reading the Alec Soth blog and he posted his model release. Along with it, he says he does not use the photographs for advertising. His consideration is a photograph.

The release is as follows:
    "In exchange for consideration received, I hereby give permission to Alec Soth to use my name and photographic likeness in all forms and media."

So, do you think this would actually hold up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the model agrees with it and signs it, yes.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's quite similar to my "cut-down" release. Mine was designed to be translated to and from three very different languages without changing the meaning - which is impossible using "legalese".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't want to get the lawyers involved (again), but I'd be tempted to get rid of the "In exchange for consideration received" or specifically state the "valuable consideration" that changed hands. I've always found that generic statement to be rather puzzling.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Apparetnly this is from Magnum,

"For value received, I consent to the publication of my photograph used by Magnum Photos, Inc., whether for not with my name or any text, captions, illustrations whatsoever, and I release them from any liability for such use in any and all media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Apparetnly this is from Magnum,

"For value received, I consent to the publication of my photograph used by Magnum Photos, Inc., whether for not with my name or any text, captions, illustrations whatsoever, and I release them from any liability for such use in any and all media."
    I like this one.

EDIT: There is a "typo". Should read: "...whether OR not..."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've decided to go with this:

"For value received, I consent to the publication and public showing of my photograph(s) used by David B, whether or not with my name or any text, captions, illustrations whatsoever, and I release David B from any liability for such use in any and all media.""

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I've decided to go with this:

"For value received, I consent to the publication and public showing of my photograph(s) used by David B, whether or not with my name or any text, captions, illustrations whatsoever, and I release David B from any liability for such use in any and all media.""

How about:

"For value received, I irrevocably relinquish my rights to any future profits or other additional compensation and, hereby consent to the publication and public showing of my photograph(s) used by David B, whether or not with my name or any text, captions, illustrations whatsoever, and additionally I unconditionally release David B from any and all liability for such use in any and all media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am trying to keep this as simple as possible and as little text as possible. I am having a rubber stamp made with the text so that I can stamp it on index cards. Instead of carrying around a notepad and clipboard, I can just carry individual cards. Also makes filing a whole lot easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    How about: (snip)
    This is like watching a yo-yo... first the legalese goes out, then it comes back in. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin