Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,182   Online: 1131

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've taken a few pictures at accident scenes. Invariably, the police will ask what I'm doing. Their tone runs from "go ahead, let us know if any turn out well" to "we need your name and address and if you get too close, you will be cited for interfering with an accident investigation." A lot depends on the activity, type of accident or crime, officer's mood and the nature of a crime.

As photographers, we are able, by law, to shoot in public places. Our film and it's content is our property. It seems to me we have an obligation to be responsible citizens, as well as responsible photographers. If any of our shots are germane in an investigation, trial or inquiry , why would we not wish to cooperate in a legal situation? tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    As photographers, we are able, by law, to shoot in public places. Our film and it's content is our property. It seems to me we have an obligation to be responsible citizens, as well as responsible photographers. If any of our shots are germane in an investigation, trial or inquiry , why would we not wish to cooperate in a legal situation? tim
    Very well said Tim.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As usual I'll refer people to PhotoPermit.Org which is dedicated to such issues.

This particular case leaves me feeling rather conflicted, since Josh is demanding not protection for his sources, not avoidance of prior restraint of publication, not freedom of association or avoidance of undue search and seizure, not the fifth amendment exclusion, but rather some unclear rights that he claims have the power to trump subpeona (while the judges disagree, but they have commited some public-policy gaffes by not disclosing their opinions on the case). I'm not at all really sure he's in the right in this case -- which leaves me feeling even MORE conflicted, since we share a lot of personal friends.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin