Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,131   Online: 816

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Busker? anemosity? quid? .357? What language are you people speaking!!?
    The Queen's English good sir! For a guide to English/British monetary terminology see here (you'll need to scroll just over halfway down the page for the [COLOR=black]slang money words, meanings and origins[/COLOR] list.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Busker? anemosity? quid? .357? What language are you people speaking!!?

Serious question: What is your 15mm lens and how do you like it? I've been drooling over the 15mm at cameraquest.com for my Bessa R3A. Finally settled on the snapshot 25mm, but I may have to reconsider.

Thanks,

Will
    It's a 15mm Super Wide Heliar, the same lens you're looking at right? It's pretty nice. I'm enjoying using it. Finding good applications for it is tricky being so wide, I'm forcing myself to shoot a whole film with it to test it out. It's just about having it on you in those certain situations I suppose. I'm ten frames along. Off to the supermarket in a sec to shoot some candids from the hip. I deliberated over whether to buy the 15mm or 21mm, but I think I'll buy the 21mm in a month or so to go with it, after getting the Heiland Splitgrade Controller I want. I'll have 15mm, 21mm, 35mm, 50mm and 90mm then. Won't need any more after that, apart from another camera body perhaps.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In the USA some guy busking with a pork pie hat at a street fair is fair game. I'd probably tell him to piss off......unless of course he was more rotund than I.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    It's a 15mm Super Wide Heliar, the same lens you're looking at right? It's pretty nice. I'm enjoying using it. Finding good applications for it is tricky being so wide, I'm forcing myself to shoot a whole film with it to test it out. It's just about having it on you in those certain situations I suppose. I'm ten frames along. Off to the supermarket in a sec to shoot some candids from the hip. I deliberated over whether to buy the 15mm or 21mm, but I think I'll buy the 21mm in a month or so to go with it, after getting the Heiland Splitgrade Controller I want. I'll have 15mm, 21mm, 35mm, 50mm and 90mm then. Won't need any more after that, apart from another camera body perhaps.
    Yep, that's the one. I decided that the 25mm was a better deal and probably more useful, but I may have to get both! I really like the 25 "snapshot" btw, the viewfinder is quite nice. Still getting used to the uncoupled focusing though.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In case you guys care about Canadian law, here's the twist you have to remember: you can take any bloody picture you may well like, any time, of anyone.

BUT! you are not allowed in the slightest to make commercial use of the picture IF the person is recognizable. In this case, it's no print sales, no licensing the picture, etc without model release, or an explicit agreement.

So start taking backs and feet shots when you travel to Canada. There's nothing like a candid picture of a set of toes to improve your artistic career.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Now, if the busker in question had been a mime - well, what could he say?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always at first shoot and ask after shooting. If no permision his problem if he see it as a problem. But always at fist shoot. No point in shooting after asking. Just if I want possing I ask before...

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friend had an ugly experience 2 years ago here in my area at something called " The Woodward Dream Cruise".. a bunch of people with hot cars that gather to drive up and down and back and forth while admiring each other's vehicles... a Detroit thing. Anyway, it is a very public event with many people with cameras, etc. My friend was doing some street shooting and was suddenly accosted by 3 men claiming he had taken a picture of one of their girlfriends. He was assaulted... punched, chased and no one did a thing to help him until the police came to break things up. The police sided with the assaulting parties, confiscated my friend's film and took him in. He was eventually let go, but they kept his film to process to see that he wasn't shooting "upskirt" pictures. He contacted them in a few days and they gave him his processed film which was poorly developed, scratched and cut un the middle of frames. It did however show that he was innocent of what he was being accused.

Bill

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Now, if the busker in question had been a mime - well, what could he say?
    He'd probably lasso you with an invisible rope and imprison you in an invisible box.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    define buskers please, i think i know but would like to have a correct definition.
    A person who entertains in public places

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin