Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,561   Posts: 1,573,310   Online: 1022

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    A friend had an ugly experience 2 years ago here in my area at something called " The Woodward Dream Cruise".. a bunch of people with hot cars that gather to drive up and down and back and forth while admiring each other's vehicles... a Detroit thing. Anyway, it is a very public event with many people with cameras, etc. My friend was doing some street shooting and was suddenly accosted by 3 men claiming he had taken a picture of one of their girlfriends. He was assaulted... punched, chased and no one did a thing to help him until the police came to break things up. The police sided with the assaulting parties, confiscated my friend's film and took him in. He was eventually let go, but they kept his film to process to see that he wasn't shooting "upskirt" pictures. He contacted them in a few days and they gave him his processed film which was poorly developed, scratched and cut un the middle of frames. It did however show that he was innocent of what he was being accused.

Bill
    OMG, that's one of the worst stories I've ever heard. Did he at least sue the dudes who hit him?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Did he at least sue the dudes who hit him?
    No... He was pretty shaken, embarrased and did not want to draw attention to the situation. Also the police made no note of the offending parties.

B

Images
    Wide and Way-Wide lenses are great for candid street photography. If your' subject is even slightly off center, it appears to them that you are shooting right past them at something down the street and they figure that they are way too close to be your' subject anyway. Plus, they give you that outrageous wide angle perspective and depth. I love 'em.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    Wide and Way-Wide lenses are great for candid street photography. If your' subject is even slightly off center, it appears to them that you are shooting right past them at something down the street and they figure that they are way too close to be your' subject anyway. Plus, they give you that outrageous wide angle perspective and depth. I love 'em.
    This is the reason I was so surprised when the guy asked me whether I'd taken his photo. Maybe I just look suspicious! I'll post the shot up here once its developed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    I decided to take a photo so walked up close beside him as he was singing and took a photo down the street. He was included in the foreground of the shot
    You indicate that he's in the shot and yet you expect that because the lens isn't pointed directly at him that he shouldn't perceive himself as being in the shot. Are you just assuming that he has no knowledge of how a camera works so you should be able to take pictures of people without their permission and knowledge simply by not pointing the lens directly at them?

We live in a world of body language, you don't need to verbally interrupt someone in order to indicate that you'd like to photograph them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Nargi View Post
    A person who entertains in public places
    Sometimes, however... A person who attempts to entertain in public places. Some buskers are, quite frankly, quite un-entertaining.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I don't get asked if my photo can be taken every time I walk into the bank, grocery store, mall, post office, office building, airport, train station, or just walking down the street. Gees, people need to realize they have there picture taken like 50+ times a day now. I can even look into your back yard from my desk on Google maps now for crying out loud.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin