Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,155   Online: 783

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Identification

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    I find that walking around with an open trench coat, with nothing on underneath, seems to draw people's eyes away from the camera.

I'm not saying it works for everyone, but it sure has helped me meet and photograph some interesting people.

Michael
    You use that telephoto lens or are you just over-compensating?

Images
    I think that Sean should offer an OFFICIAL A.P.U.G. ALL ACCESS PHOTOGRAPHY PASS along with the APUG T-shirts and coffee mugs. Nicely laminated on a beaded chain and, of course, impressively bearing the official APUG holographic seal so that it can't be counterfeited. It would certainly offer as much legitimacy as all of those other phoney official credentials that you can buy online.

Oops, Maybe this suggestion doesn't belong in the "ethics" forum
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    I think that Sean should offer an OFFICIAL A.P.U.G. ALL ACCESS PHOTOGRAPHY PASS along with the APUG T-shirts and coffee mugs. Nicely laminated on a beaded chain and, of course, impressively bearing the official APUG holographic seal so that it can't be counterfeited. It would certainly offer as much legitimacy as all of those other phoney official credentials that you can buy online.

Or an official APUG trench coat.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or an official APUG trench coat.

Michael
    An essential for flasher photography :rolleyes:
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    An essential for flasher photography :rolleyes:
    I like avalable light. yes you have to flash longer but the effect is some stunning
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you zoom or use a fixed focal length?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find that walking around with an open trench coat, with nothing on underneath, seems to draw people's eyes away from the camera.

I'm not saying it works for everyone, but it sure has helped me meet and photograph some interesting people.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post

Someone beat us to it! There was a Washington DC based Newsweek (I think) photographer who sold laminated "press passes" that declared the bearer could access anything anywhere anytime as a joke back in the 90's. I think he got tired of all the little passes for each and every gov't building he had to get! I still have mine around here somewhere!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHipsterDie View Post
    Is there any type of identification that makes one look more "legitimate" and less like some dork just wandering around taking photos of everything? A press pass certainly does this, but what do those of us not connected to the press do? Does more gear make you look more serious, or is it more about how you carry and conduct yourself?

Oh yeah - not calling anyone a dork but me.
    I am a bit confused.....

Your looking for a way to pass yourself off as something your not....in otherwords your trying to become official as a photographer, when your not officially photographing for anyone other than yourself?

I have shot with "Official" press ID and I have photographed for myself, I just bring my cameras and start shooting and really don't give a shit what anyone says, as long as your not doing something to break the law, then why worry about it...for fun, I think many of us ahve put the stupid little hat flag in our hat band, but I have never seen anyone really do it seriously..if you want an "Official" ID, sign up for NYIP(New Your Institute of Photography) and they will send you an "Official" NYIP press pass and claim it will get you into all kinds of things!!!! LOL (NOT!!)

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are so many things to photograph, I've never had the need to go anywhere someone doesn't want me to go.

One thing about the church project I'm currently doing. It's rare* that one is told they can't go in a church.

* although it has happened :o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin