Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,608   Online: 797

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everything is an illusion.

If you want some pussy, you're going to have to ask for it.

Leave the lens at home.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well it would take a lot for me to lend that lens out. We would have to be quite familar with each other and I am in no way meaning that as far as a boy/girl thing.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post

Oh, that's what this is about. I have to admit, the original post left me clueless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But is he after IT or after a more symbiotic, symbolic, spatial, spiritual kind of encounter? You know, like dating without getting dirty?

I can't figure out if he wants to lend the lens or not; if he wants to date or not; if he wanted advice or not. Or the problem was related to the interconnections between these things. blah...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Everything is an illusion.

Leave the lens at home.

Michael
    Michael is correct, even if the "pussy" being sought is a "spitirual" relationship. Forget the illusion; forget the bartering.

Many years ago I was a nerdy (and horney) graduate student whose research involved collecting data from a wide variety of industrial sources. Part of the job was to call managers and ask for information. Naturally, I talked to a lot of secretaries. One company I wanted data from kept promising it, but never delivering and I was having one heck of a time scheduling a meeting with them. I called every month for two years... each time talking extremely comfortably with the secretary. We talked about business, life, etc. I was head-over-heels in love with her. It was an illusion. After two years of periodic phone conversations I visited that plant. I finally net "her". She turned out to be at least 40 years my senior, looked like my mother, and had pictures of her grandkids on her desk. WAS I EVER SURPRISED! Sure, she was blonde, busty, kind, friendly, intelligent, and had a really sweet voice, but it was all illusion... in terms of any kind of a potential relationship.

Loan the lens if you feel like loaning it; don't loan the lens if you can't take a chance of losing it. If you want a relationship... go there or invite her to your place! Good luck with whatever you do.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Responses seem like a group effort for a soap opera

I wonder how you can follow an art directors' instructions if you are so willing to go off on some of your assumptions and then compound those by adding on top of them. How this issue relates to APUGers is "How we structure loaning out expensive equipment". Poloniouis said to neither borrower or lender be. I discovered that I was stewing over my decision to loan out to a stranger. I never thought it would come up again, but it did. I'd like to be more than my apprehensions but my consciousness has not matured to allow me to be as casual as some would have me. Posting this helped me get clearer. I won't be loaning the lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I wonder how you can follow an art directors' instructions if you are so willing to go off on some of your assumptions and then compound those by adding on top of them. How this issue relates to APUGers is "How we structure loaning out expensive equipment". Poloniouis said to neither borrower or lender be. I discovered that I was stewing over my decision to loan out to a stranger. I never thought it would come up again, but it did. I'd like to be more than my apprehensions but my consciousness has not matured to allow me to be as casual as some would have me. Posting this helped me get clearer. I won't be loaning the lens.
    You do get today's prize for obscurity. The simple answer is never lend any gear - at least any that you would miss if it were broken, lost or misappropriated.

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I wonder how you can follow an art directors' instructions if you are so willing to go off on some of your assumptions and then compound those by adding on top of them.
    Your answer presumes that we have any interest in following an art directors instructions.

Secondly whenever we loan anything we have "partnered" with someone. This involves a relationship that we may or may not wish to engage in. Their problems can become our problems.

Why would you want to partner with someone you don't know. Unless if course as you mentioned, you have alterior motives, in which case, as I said, then it's a barter not a loan.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    you can get a decent 105 at the auction for chump change. Make it a gift. ( probably cheaper than roses)

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes but a 105 Apo-El Nikkor is extremely good, hard to find, cost more than $2000 when last avilable, is not longer made because it was projected that the cost would have to be about $20,000 to sell with new manufacture.

I do not disagree that there are many bargains available for 105mm enlrging lens or that they will do a good job. If I had an extra one and you wanted to borrow it from me I would be much less reluctant to loan it to you.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin