Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,585   Online: 1130

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quality

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not really anything to do with this other than the title Quality... But I thought I'd mention it anyway.

A few years ago, a company in a town near me set up to make and sell pine furniture. In 10' high letters painted on the roof in plain view of anyone passing by were the words 'QUALTY PINE FURNITURE' (i.e spelled wrong!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do not know how the quotation was intended to be used. I am not by any means claiming to be using the concept the same as others relative to that quotation. As far as art is concerned consider this example.

Photos of flowers extremely done, brings pleasure to those that see it. Just superb.

Photos that are extremely well done involving sexual activity between people that is very effective in stirring eroticism in some, outrage and disgust in others and leads to irresponsible activity for some people leading to disease or harm to others.

Photographer Robert Marplethorpe has done both. I would when comparing the two because of the negative aspects of the second example rate them as having higher cost to society and therefore lower quality. I am not saying that such photos should not be made. Boy am I ever not saying that!
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Ole I gave it high quality in accomplishing those goals it was designed for. I gave it low quality because of HOW it is used, has in my opinion, been quite costly to society. The society I am referring to is..everybody!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Quality is someone with over 2600 posts that subscribes to APUG.
    How close is Marko getting..??
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    I do not know eddym but Marko is way ahead of you and that is with a babysitter slowing him down.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I sell auto parts and would like to offer my definition of quality.

QUALITY. Buying auto parts is kinda like buying oats. If you want good clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you don't mind oats that have passed through the horse, that comes a little cheaper.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Horse poop has qualities..the word is way, way overused and way too comforting..EC

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, it's good for your garden!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Quality is the least overall cost to society."
    We Japanese - QC maniacs should love this

I don't think Taguchi intended it to be used in photography, but photography related PRODUCTS maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genichi_Taguchi
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's something like ....
    Sony CD player - higher spec, lower quality
    Panasonic CD player - so-so spec, higher quality
    kunihiko kario

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin