Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,517   Online: 762

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fleath..... . I cant resolve if that is Flea, or Breath... or flea breath.... but either way... I won't hold it against you so long as you are dutiful towards to your photography ;.)

However, you are dirty for equating the magnanimousest artflorm of flothography with thuch dethpicable filth as MacFlomalds... yuckth.....

On a slightly less Daffy note... Soontag's (1 o ?) On Photography goes on and on and on and on about how to be the camera operator is in some ways, a means to avoid REALLY BEING THERE... you are not >THERE< as much as you are "with your camera". . . . or so she posits poses and proffers .. .. puddin. It's a dreadfull book filled with opinion cannonized by sadists into martirdom forevermore... but I recomend it anyway...
    After you are done inflicting yourself with it, you will:
    a) know what dross is has been the gossip of the medium for the last two and a half decades,
    b) be permanently scarred by the deep knowlege that somewhere deep inside photography there is something morbid and dead, but that it is beautiful that way.
    c) have some emergency supplies of TP on hand, for those really late nights where none can be found, and the texture just does not matter anymore...
    or
    D) all of the above.
    e) none of the above.
    So... really, pick it up at Amazon... I got mine for three dollars.. (it was cheaper than a roll of TP.... hence by using it as such, I was actually elevating it within the cosmic order... Next reincarnation, it will probably be a barf-bag, or diapers.....

DoNtTakeThIs2sErIoUs'K!? bt do read the book... it will answer all kinds of questions you've not tortured yourself with - yet.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would say that photography IS my life. When I am away from it I think of it, verging on obsession. I go no where with out a camera, my family have come to accept it. My wife says Im not dressed with out a camera.

I would surround myself with more photography if I could, if I could pay my bills with it I would. If I could send my little girl to school with it I would. If I were alone and had no one dependent on me I would live penniless to photograph.

I think in photographs, for as long as I can remember. I see life happening and even if I don't capture something in front of me, Ive photographed it in my head, imagined a print.

Maybe I should just increase my Paxil prescription!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas View Post
    Being jobless is so awesome, except for the lack of money....
    I dunno ... I just liked this quote, not that I completely agree with it.

Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 10-14-2006 at 05:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IS there really a difference between photography and LIFE?

Dave

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No way!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photography is a big part of my life in that it has taught me how to look at the world and its various details, beauties and ugliness. For the longest time I felt I could only appreciate such things with a camera in hand. Now I find more and more that its ok to just enjoy a scene or moment and let it eventually melt out of view without having to worry about exposure and lens, film and paper, composition or point of view. Sometimes things are just better rendered on the memory then on a piece of film or hard drive. But when the decision is made to make an image, the experience from contemplation to exposure to printing becomes all the more rewarding.

Photography's influence on me has been huge. In so far that it has also opened up my appreciation of other forms of art and critical thinking. I guess the lessons I have learned from photography predominate my life. Almost to the point that if I would be perfectly comfortable moving on to other creative outlets if I had to stop photographing for whatever reason.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd like to share this quote by Minor White in Mirrors, Messages, Manifestations that seems to sum it up for me:

"Camera as a way of life... is still the least impossible way for me to develop and maintain a state that I can call mine."

Blessings to All,
    Krystyna

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin