Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,171   Online: 785

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    That stuff is weird and way too convenient and inundating and commercial ... and fast:

My recently-retired cousin with absolutely NO photographic background whatsoever thought she could do a 2007 calender of her quaint little shore town - so back in May-June she took hundreds of electric snaps (with a pretty good iPhoto eye), picked her best 13, had 1500 calendars knocked-out, and half her initial order is already gone.

She now thinks her filmy anal-log cousin slightly helpful, but a lot odd.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    marko

i see no problems.
    enjoy yourself
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko, we have to remove your membership from APUG for saying that, brand you with a "Traitor" burn on your forehead, dunk you in hot gelatin, and roll you in silver fluffs for such an offense. You must understand that this is for YOUR good, of course.

Thank you for choosing APUG, and remember that your post may be recorded for insuring quality control.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Marko, we have to remove your membership from APUG for saying that, brand you with a "Traitor" burn on your forehead, dunk you in hot gelatin, and roll you in silver fluffs for such an offense. You must understand that this is for YOUR good, of course.

Thank you for choosing APUG, and remember that your post may be recorded for insuring quality control.
    Do that, and *I* will pay you a visit , with my friends from the Longshoremen's Union, Vito and Nunzio... complete with their black ties.

Care to reconsider that last response?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marko,

In reality, you can do pretty much anything you want to and your parents will allow you to do...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think its ok to use both, they all have their pros and cons of use. For example if I am taking a picture for the web to put up of my film cameras, I would really appreciate it if people didnt try to rip me to shreds because I shot a picture of a film camera to post up on the web with a digital in a sense gratifying the presense of film on the internet. Basically comes down to, I'm just getting a picture of the camera, its not a peice of art i'm trying to shoot, or for print, or something I want to shoot 1 frame on a roll and run and get it developed. Thats the only aspect of the digital usage in showing off my gear here on apug that I think some people on apug just need to back the **** off on.

Use the tools thats appropiate to you, and stay true to what you love to use.

Far as the forums, as said above some of us do shoot digital as well, but we keep the forum's content primarily film if not at least completely.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might get into trouble for this...

Marko, you are thirteen years old, and you appear to have access to a lot of different eqipment, including digital.

My advice is to try everything and anything you can.

You should shoot little films, you should shoot big films, you should shoot movie films.

You should try pinholes, you should try photograms, you should try lith film.

You should shoot black and white and colour, print and transparency, panchromatic, orthochromatic and infrared.

If you can, try some of the alternative processes.

You should try old cameras, new cameras, and homemade cameras too.

Go ahead, shoot digital too - try everything.

Don't just dabble, or flit from medium to medium. Approach the search carefully, and with the goal of learning as much as you can about the choices available, and the choices that appeal to you.

Be open to any experience that may give you insight and joy. If you get more insight and joy from strictly digital work, I'd be surprised, as would most of us on APUG, but so be it.

If you are open to all alternatives, and pursue this exploration carefully, and seriously, you will most likely find what you are looking for. Just remember, if it turns out to be digital, we don't want to hear about it here.

Have fun with your search.

Matt

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, but do it quietly and wash your hands afterward.

Shooter
    35mm
    By necessity, I do a fair amount of the D stuff. Pure competition is why. Some clients need instantaneous gratification, hundreds of files, and are too unsophisticated to know the difference. I promote film with my clients, but some are young, sheeplike, impatient, poor organizers and planners, or have swallowed the marketing hype. I shoot their D projects, and take their money, and buy film.... I generally don't discuss it on APUG, except in specific reference, such as this.

I also don't discuss my toaster or washing machine, two other mundane machines that serve a specific purpose outside of photography, and are as incapable of producing photographs as the digigizmo.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 10-20-2006 at 09:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    Do that, and *I* will pay you a visit , with my friends from the Longshoremen's Union, Vito and Nunzio... complete with their black ties.

Care to reconsider that last response?
    You will fear my friends the MacDonald, O'Callaghan, O'Donohue, and O'Jeez. The Ashcan gang fear no mob in this battleground!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin