Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,483   Online: 744

View Poll Results: Is it okay to show Nazi memorabilia here on APUG?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 52.63%
  • No

20 26.32%
  • Don't care

16 21.05%
Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Is it okay to show Nazi items here on APUG

This is simple.

Is it okay to post images of Nazi memorabilia here on APUG?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would say it all depends on context.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those who would ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Perhaps a young person viewing the photograph may ask questions about the Nazis and their historical signifigance. That would be good thing.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 10-28-2006 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Jason said it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another black and white reactionary poll. Here's my answer: it depends - but mostly yes.

How about a poll if is OK to talk about the Nazis? Read about them? Write about them? Publish articles about them? Make films about them? Discuss about them in a public subway? KNOW about them? THINK about them?

What's next because of this one image, are we going to label APUG anti-semetic?

While we're on the subject why not make a list of images we shouldn't post - let's see:
    1. Two men in a passionate embrace stirred up heated words from some of you - they're out
    2. An exposed erect penis was another
    3. Anything having to do with sex is out
    4. Crying babies - especially if their candy was taken away from them is no no
    5. Body parts is just gross
    6. Then there was that incident of images of a body after a debauched surgery - not for the delicate to see
    7. What about an image of an Aussie Aboriginal? Very few know that even taking the image is offensive
    8. Images of the insides of sacred temples is a no
    9. Definitely no images of any US airport immigration, security or customs area

What did I miss? Let's make a sticky.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 10-28-2006 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, every individual has the right to think what they want about the subject, as far as I`m concerned, NO!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This was a very borderline situation, one that has never come up before in the gallery. but due to the number of reported emails from the image I decided to remove it. I tend to consider 1-3 reported emails as controversial, 3-5 as borderline and 6-10 as needing to be removed at the wishes of the community. It is extremely rare an image has been reported 6-10 times or more so that to me is an indicator it's just out of place here.

Thanks,
    Sean

Images
    I find this to be a sad sad day at APUG. Too bad, I thought this community was above this.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that's the final wurd if I've ever heard it.

Then again. There does not appear to be a "rule", so I'd imagine that in time (i.e. not today, and not next week) things might change.

Whether it's "RIGHT" or not to edit content to suit community standards is secondary to the well being of the community (obviously) . .. choosing the lesser evil (allowing peeps to get pissed over XYZ content - vs. - allowing peeps to get pissed over perceived limitations to their "free expression") is always going to be a difficult choice to make. But someone's going to make it... and I think already has.
    Salute!

Shooter
    35mm
    Too bad. The Nazis and what they stood for existed, and the potential for it still exists today. It is interesting how some people think hiding something repugnant makes it go away. History revised by popular demand.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin