Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,024   Online: 924

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Er...Excuse me. But since you do not live in the USA - what gives you the basis for saying this?

Let me guess - you read it on the Web - so it MUST be true!
    Well,
    honestly George, if a buzzing, vibrating, package leaking a strange substance shot out of a mail chute in a NYC post office addressed to you, what would happen?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Well,
    honestly George, if a buzzing, vibrating, package leaking a strange substance shot out of a mail chute in a NYC post office addressed to you, what would happen?
    First of all - it would have already been inspected before it got to me - they don't wait for me to claim it. I think the guy's thread title indicates he was surprised they actually waited for him to show up

More importantly, I'm really not interested in seeing this anti-US "trash talk" on a photo website.

I am certainly no flag waving "patriot", by any means - but I don't bad-mouth their countries here - so why do they presume it's fair game to bad mouth mine?

I am quite capable of criticizing my country up and down the wall until Sunday comes to hell. But I'll be damned before I will tolerate someone who knows nothing about the breadth, depth, decency and diversity of the USA doing so.

If it's so friggin' bad here - why do so many people try to get in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    snip... I am certainly no flag waving "patriot", by any means - ...snip
    Oh really? I think George doth protest too much!

Leaking chemical and buzzing timer... hmmm.... sounds like a practical joke gone too far. Let's hope not. That would be like mentioning the word bomb as you board the 747.

I would also send a polite email thanking him for the extras but mention the poor packaging in case his generosity gets others into bigger trouble in Sydney, NY or Amsterdam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, it easily could happen that sender made correct pakadge and it was destroyed during handling in post offices or transport or...

I am certainly no flag waving "patriot", by any means - but I don't bad-mouth their countries here - so why do they presume it's fair game to bad mouth mine?

If it's so friggin' bad here - why do so many people try to get in?
    1. Because not many other countries go to other countries teritories and not many other countries interfere into other countries political, economy and other decisions... And USA (government) doesn't have to that, but they want to do that.

2. As only global power, what USA do afect whole world, and, for example, what my country do, affect my country only and nobody else. And USA (government) doesn't have to that, but they want to do that.

3. It is bad, but somewhere else is even worse.

Images
    Just mention the packing and thiank him for the extras. His heart was in the right place.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi All,

Sent the seller a polite email and explained the problem, thanked him for the extras and mentioned that fluids needed careful wrapping - especially part used bottles.

He was most apologetic and mentioned that he had another bottle of developer (full) and would send it over no charge by way of apology.

Regards

Brendan
    [FONT=Ariel]Brendan F Sforcina[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Magpie: adj, of or like a magpie; characterized by the habit of hoarding ascribed to magpies.[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Just feel lucky, if you were in the US, you probably would have the hazmat team and FBI visiting you already.
    I can't speak to the FBI part of the statement, but I'm one of the guys who would show up with the hazmat team. On these calls we have to assume the worst until proven otherwise, else people (including us) can get hurt.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    I can't speak to the FBI part of the statement, but I'm one of the guys who would show up with the hazmat team. On these calls we have to assume the worst until proven otherwise, else people (including us) can get hurt.
    Oh, man...

What happened with "everyone is innocent until proven guilty", what with people who are proven innocent but marked forever and having being torturing untill proven innocent, etc...

World become wild west, shoot first then ask questions..

Well what to say, if they force us to act like this, they are winning.

Sad, sad world...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    Finally.. someone who sees the possible hazard to others.

We would normally isolate the package and our hazmat team would check it out. Much of it is harmless (like a box of strawberry jam that leaks due to poor packing) but I would rather check than have people get hurt.

I am glad it worked out and the seller has been contacted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Um Guys knock it off with the drama... The most that might happen is US Postal authorities having the package checked out at one of the shipping centers, identifying the substance (like FirePhoto Said, assume worse before anything else, but last thing you need is to go 'hey we might have a bomb, go call the media before we arrive on the scene' or that kind of stupidity), if the substance was deamed hazardous, then the original shipper would either get a fine or arrested (most likely fined), both of which would probably stay out of the media, since there are some chemicals in the US you cannot send, and on top of that in the US anytime you drop something off, its always the same question alone the lines of "anything hazardous, fragile, etc, etc".

The main time it ends up in the media is if a customer is standing around and gets 'excited' and runs off to tell someone (normally these problems are found behind the scene, not out in a line of customers).

Some countries base their policies different than others.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin