Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,803   Online: 1116

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Information on J&C

Not sure if I am in right forum and mostly looking for information. Recently on a printing project purchased some Nuance paper from J&C photo. in #2,3 contrasts, found #3 contrast to be way too contrasty, did not open box and at that time in Sept. sent it back for #2 as replacement. My question is, have they closed up, have not been favored with a response from them in the ensuing 3 months. Calls/emails are not responded to from them.

Does anyone have the inside skinny?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They be movin' to new warehouse, there's a thread around here somewhere's.
    Maybe in the Sponsors thread?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a thread about them in the sponsors forum. Basically John has been out of town and busy with moving since almost of the end of September since he went to Photokina. He as said his email access is spotty and he is not able to respond very well. Once he reopens in January, he will have new staff and expects things to improve alot.

Hope it helps.

Gary

Shooter
    35mm
    I was told that January 15th is the tentative re-opening date if all goes smoothly. Its a big move. There were some spectacular sales, to draw down the inventory. While its difficult in the short run, all analog users will beneifit tremendously in the long run, thanks to J&C for having the courage to believe in the analogue market. There are a couple of threads about the move, sales, and possible spring mini conference, (I think it should be a conclave) in the sponsors forum.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 12-03-2006 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you for the detailed replies, I have been extremely pleased with their products and up to recently their quick response. Mostly, concerned that we may have lost a trad. product supplier.
    Thanks again.
    Bob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin