Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,268   Online: 830

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay conundrum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet that was that Tonapah Jim character !!----he'd sell your mother for a Deardorff V-11 !! Shame on Jim !!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why hasn't this seller already left feedback for you? Every seller I've dealt with on e-bay left feedback for me as soon as he/she was paid. You should definitely leave negative feedback yourself. If he retaliates, just refer to your own feedback - most buyers on e-bay can tell the difference between genuine negative feedback and a retaliatory rant. Also, never deal with this seller again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you have 90 days to leave feedback. Leave a negative late on the day before and he will likely never have the chance to retaliate.

Also check the reflections on your "anonymous anastigmat" (BTW, if it's really anonymous, how do you know it's an anastigmat?). If it's a Dagor or Protar type, or a Wollensak Series I type, you may well have gotten a bargain, although not what you thought you bought.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dslater View Post
    Why hasn't this seller already left feedback for you? Every seller I've dealt with on e-bay left feedback for me as soon as he/she was paid.
    Many sellers (probably a majority of those who bother to leave feedback in my experience) wait until the buyer has posted feedback before leaving feedback themselves. From the buyer's perspective, this can be annoying and, in the event of problems, it can deter leaving honest feedback. From a seller's perspective, OTOH, it can serve as some minimal insurance should the buyer be unreasonable (complaining about flaws that were described in the ad, for instance). Ultimately, I don't think it makes much difference if both parties are happy with the transaction. When there are problems, well, that's when it gets dicey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin